The Oncology Service (TOS) is looking for 2 Medical Directors, one for our location in Richmond, VA and one for our location in Leesburg, VA.
The Medical Director, in conjunction with the Hospital Director will be responsible for overseeing the medical operations of the hospital, serve as a mentor to staff, and lead the advancement of high-quality patient care and client service. The Medical Director will also work in collaboration with the Hospital Director to maintain and build our relationships with the referring community.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Board certification in medical or radiation oncology (ie. DACVIM-O or DACVR-RO)
- At least 10 years of clinical, scientific, or industry experience ideally in a high-volume environment.
- Ability to become licensed to practice in the state of Virginia.
- Professional and excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, diplomatic attitude.
- The ideal the candidate will have leadership/management experience, preferably in a large, multi-specialty or multilocation practice. Other areas of leadership experience (academia, industry, not-for profit) will be considered. The successful candidate will also possess strong emotional intelligence; those who are self-aware, have positive attitudes, authenticity, and empathy toward others.
- Medical Director is a full-time position consisting of 2-3 days clinic days per week with 1.5-2 days of “off-clinic” time for allocated to management responsibilities.
- Plans and directs the development, implementation, operation, maintenance, and control of essential medical services.
- Advises on policies and procedures for “best practice” clinical operations and efficient use of staff.
- Accountable for the exemplary delivery of all clinical services to ensure an optimum client experience without compromising profitability.
- Responsible for strategic clinical relationship with the referring veterinary community.
- Oversees client medical issues.
- Provides clinical mentoring and coaching. Supervises staff and monitors training, continuing education and development of the clinical team (DVMs & techs).
- Evaluates the performance of technical staff members.
- Ensures compliance with policies and regulatory requirements.
- Makes recommendations for improving effectiveness of clinical policies and procedures.
- Ensures duties, responsibilities, authority, and accountability of subordinates are defined and understood.
- Monitors all aspects of medical quality and reports findings to senior management.
The Oncology Service and Ethos Veterinary Health:
The Oncology Service has been providing oncology care for companion animals in the Mid-Atlantic are for over 15 years. We currently have three practice locations in Virginia offering medical and radiation oncology. Our practice is dedicated to the integration of personalized and compassionate care with cutting edge options for cancer.
The Oncology Service is part of the Ethos Veterinary Health network of hospitals, providing our clinicians the opportunity to be part of a larger network of hospitals, but still maintain our distinctive identity. The focus of Ethos is on advancing veterinary medicine, along with providing high quality, compassionate care, which improves the lives of patients and their human companions. Our advancements center around three main areas: Transformative Science, Knowledge, and Collaboration.
Our highly competitive benefits package, compensation and desirable work schedule makes TOS an excellent place to work. Interested applicants should be highly motivated to provide the highest quality patient and client care in an environment that prizes collaboration and innovation.
Interested candidates can send a CV to Jill Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.