VCA Valley Oak Veterinary Center is seeking a board certified or residency trained Internist to join our AAHA-accredited, multi-doctor, 24-hour emergency/specialty/general practice. Our ideal candidate would be interested in learning ultrasound and have an interest in cardiology.
Our 14,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility provides advanced care including CT, digital radiology, ultrasound, endoscopy, laparoscopy, arthroscopy, and a rehabilitation center with a certified rehabilitation specialist and an underwater treadmill. Our team of over 17 doctors, including a board certified Internist, Surgeon and an 80-person staff provide some of the best patient care and client service in all of Northern California.
VCA Valley Oak has a full complement of experienced, well-trained and compassionate staff. The successful candidate will participate in community outreach in a supportive structure but this is not a situation where the service needs to be built from scratch. With numerous hospitals that actively refer and cases continuously coming through the door, building a loyal following will not pose a problem for the right candidate.
Chico’s charm is hard to match - home to one of the largest municipal parks in the United States, Chico is ranked as the no. 1 cycling city in the nation by Bicycle Magazine and one of the top 10 Best Small Art Towns in America. Located just north of Sacramento at the base of the Sierra Nevada foothills, and just a few hours from San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, Mt. Lassen and Mt. Shasta, Chico residents are never far from their next adventure. Bidwell Park offers over 3,600 acres of space for outdoor activities and with multiple rivers and lakes just a quick drive away, you can waterski, jet-ski, sail, windsurf, and kayak your way to all kinds of fun in Chico and the surrounding areas.
Here is your opportunity to work in a well-respected and established hospital with a large and loyal referral base and to spend your time in a beautiful facility surrounded by an impeccable medical team. It is a replacement position with minimal build-up time and a chance at immediate financial success.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.
For more information about this job, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-891-9903.