Medical Oncologist, Guardian Veterinary Centre CANADA
We are looking to expand our specialty team with the addition of a Board Certified or residency trained Medical Oncologist.
VCA Canada Guardian Veterinary Centre is a companion animal specialty and emergency centre located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. We have had a specialty presence in Edmonton since 2007 which has allowed us to establish a busy oncology caseload, as the nearest board-certified oncology service is currently in Calgary (3 hours away). Our hospital includes robust surgery, internal medicine, and critical care departments, as well we are excited to add anesthesiology in the summer of 2021. Since opening our doors, we have built a strong relationship with our large referral community, serving Northern Alberta, Northern BC, Yukon, the Northwest Territories, and Nunavut.
What sets us apart from other clinics is our hospital culture. Our specialists are highly collaborative, working as a strong team to provide exceptional patient care. The current specialty team includes members who have been together for at least 10 years, and continues to grow, building a strong foundation of trust and support. Our Registered Veterinary Technologists work alongside the specialists, are highly skilled, utilized to their fullest potential, and always eager to learn. We have an energetic and experienced emergency team that works closely with our specialists. Finally, our doctors are deeply respected by the referring community, which speaks volumes regarding how truly caring and engaged our team is.
Our facility is a well-equipped, state of the art, 20,000 square foot hospital including 24-hour staffing, newly updated CT, ultrasound, fluoroscopy, endoscopy, arthroscopy, and a critical care ventilator. We are excited to be expanding this year to include 8000 square feet of additional oncology facilities, a dedicated ICU, extra exam rooms, and installation of an MRI. We also have an onsite digital cytology analyzer, resulting in very quick turnaround times for pathology reports.
- Edmonton offers the largest area of urban parkland in Canada with over 7300 hectares that expands both sides of our beautiful North Saskatchewan River to take full advantage of our great outdoors.
- Edmonton hosts several festivals each year, including our world renowned Folk Fest, Fringe Festival, Symphony under the Sky, Ice on Whyte Festival.
- We are a short drive away from the majestic Rocky Mountains, home to Jasper and Banff National Parks which boast world-class vistas with ample hiking, camping, rafting and world class skiing
- With our new stadium, Rogers Place, we have quickly become a top destination for many of the most sought after entertainment acts and is home to our NHL team the Edmonton Oilers.
- Edmonton is the capital of Alberta, and our city is growing rapidly, with a current metro population of over 1.3 million. The University of Alberta is home to over 40,000 students and boasts the most 3M National Teaching Fellows in Canada.
What We Offer:
- We have made a commitment to support a positive work life balance. Our doctors and support staff are dedicated to our core values of Respect, Compassion, and a Progressive environment.
- We offer competitive compensation with an industry leading benefits package, including health and dental insurance, uniform allowance, professional dues, and continuing education allowance.
- As a member of VCA Canada, we enjoy the benefits of numerous career growth and leadership opportunities as well as extensive networking and collaborations with other specialists across Canada. We also have a proactive and on-site management team that includes emergency and specialty doctors. This allows us to foster our own hospital culture by implementing procedures, protocols, and equipment that are important to our local team.
For more information on who we are and what we do, please visit us online vcacanada.com/guardian
VCA is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance please let us know.
Please contact Dr. Nikki Sereda at email@example.com with any questions about VCA Canada Guardian Veterinary Centre or to send your CV.
Apply for Medical Oncologist, Guardian Veterinary Centre CANADA
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly