Mississauga Oakville Veterinary Emergency Hospital in Oakville, Ontario, Canada is seeking a Board-certified Ophthalmologist (permanent, part time to full-time) to join our specialty health care team. We will also consider applicants who are nearing the completion of their residency training and will be eligible to sit board exams.
We are a busy and growing multidisciplinary hospital looking for an Ophthalmologist to further expand our ophthalmology service. The successful candidate will work in conjunction with one other Ophthalmologist (DACVO). The specialty team currently includes a board-certified dentist, dermatologist, cardiologist, clinical pathologist, oncologist, two anesthesiologists, two neurologists, three criticalists, four surgeons and four internists. After hours and weekend care is provided through our emergency clinic and critical care service staffed with 9 full/part-time emergency veterinarians. We also support a rotating internship, currently with 3 interns.
The candidate’s responsibilities will include supporting and expanding a busy ophthalmology service, and development of support staff.
As a member of the VCA family, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Among the reasons to consider joining VCA are:
- CE opportunities with access to annual VCA conferences, seminars and CE allowance
- Networking, collaboration and knowledge exchange with other veterinarians within our practices
- Continued investments in new technologies, advanced diagnostics, and modern facilities
- A commitment to give back through initiatives such as Paw It Forward and Pet Pantry
- Active research studies for publication and industry growth
- Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities
- Opportunities for professional development include teaching, providing CE to our referring veterinarians and formal mentorship of interns
Oakville is in the center of southwestern Ontario and part of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) close to numerous cultural activities and metropolitan centers but with ready access to lakes and rural living. The GTA is known for its vast multiculturalism and we have activities that appeal to all passions; trendy cuisine, theatre, live music, summer festivals and outdoor pursuits such as biking, hiking, boating, riding and so much more! There are several popular attractions in the area including the Niagara region with its wine and The Falls, the famous Bruce Trail (one of the longest and well known hiking trails in North America) and immediate access to the Great Lakes waterway system. It is also possible to escape to Ontario’s famous “cottage country” where lakes, rivers and wild spaces provide even the most ardent adventurer with plenty to explore all year round.
For more information about the position, please contact Erin Bangma, General Manager: Erin.Bangma@vca.com