Specialty Medical Director
VCA Colonial Animal Hospital is seeking a Specialty Medical Director to join our well-established, AAHA accredited referral, emergency, and general practice in beautiful Ithaca, New York. Specialties currently offered include surgery, oncology, and internal medicine. Our 16,000 square foot hospital is fully equipped with ultrasound, digital radiography, endoscopy, therapeutic laser, in-house laboratory, and CT.
We are a nine-doctor practice with a large support staff that includes 33 Licensed Technicians and Assistants. We are open seven days a week, and provide 24 hour hospitalized patient care. Our practice is the perfect mix of general medicine and specialty services. Our hours of operation do not require overnight doctor shifts, however there is a very challenging and diverse caseload. We have a great group of veterinarians who support each other and work well as a team.
Ithaca is unique! Ithaca includes towering waterfalls, lush ice-age gorges, and endless panoramic views. There is hiking, biking, and boating. You can enjoy the beauty of Cayuga Lake, the largest of the Finger Lakes. You can surround yourself with PhDs, street musicians and families on our downtown pedestrian mass, in our theaters, and around our restaurants. Ithaca is beautiful and smart, and always unexpected. There is a vibe here unlike anywhere else in America. Come experience it!
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.
For more information about this job, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-891-9903.