Specialty Medical Director
Do you enjoy clinical practice as well as practice management? At VCA Arboretum View Animal Hospital you can get the best of both worlds! Our specialty practice is seeking a Medical Director that would split their duties, spending approximately 20-25% in administration, and the remainder seeing clients and patients.
We are a fast paced, AAHA accredited, 24-hour emergency, specialty, and general practice located in the affluent area of Downers Grove just outside Chicago. Our hospital currently offers specialty medicine in the areas of internal medicine, surgery, critical care, neurology and dermatology. We recently completed a remodel, which includes an interventional radiology suite in addition to all the equipment one would expect in a specialty hospital including a 16-slice CT, MRI, fluoroscopy, lithotripsy, and nuclear scintigraphy.
Only 20 miles west of Chicago, Downers Grove is at the crossroads of the western suburbs, is close to O’Hare International Airport, and has three stops on the Metra commuter rail. Designated a Tree City USA, attractions include two forest preserves and several parks that give residents places to enjoy the outdoors. Downers Grove offers a high quality of life with excellent schools, beautiful parks, and a variety of restaurants and retail shops. With all the added attractions of Chicago, our city is a great place to call home.
This is an outstanding opportunity to continue practicing medicine while establishing the direction and medical quality of the hospital like an owner would, but without the risks of ownership. Plus, you'll have the solid backing of experts in Operations, Marketing, Human Resources, Payroll, and more, to help you succeed.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-891-9903.