Equine Internal Medicine Specialist
Are you a passionate equine veterinarian looking for a collaborative environment? Do you like consulting on cases and educating others?
Have you ever thought of living and experiencing New England – the four seasons, the mountains, the beach, the culture? Would you like to enjoy your time near the beach or skiing AND still see some fascinating horse issues at all levels within the equine industry?
- A passionate horse professional looking to reach your potential as a veterinarian
- Enjoy the adrenaline rush of first opinion and second opinion cases; field calls and hospital cases; foals, colics, eyes, and any other emergency care.
- Have a way of keeping others calm in the worst of situations.
- Have a special interest (ophthalmology, cardiology, ultrasonography, podiatry, dentistry, etc...)
- Located 30 miles south of Boston and 20 miles north of Cape Cod
- Known in the community to provide the highest level of medical and surgical care.
- 5 well compensated doctors ($85K - $110K) (plus interns), 3 CVTs, 3 veterinary assistants, 3 front desk, and 2 back office personnel who enjoy working in a positive service-oriented environment.
- Reference lab complete with ACTH/insulin, vitamin E, C&S, cytology, hematology and blood chemistry, Parasight system, and more...
- Clients range from high end sport horse and racetrack clientele, to pleasure horse, breeding stock, miniatures, and 4H/Pony clubbers.
- 5 Fully equipped vehicles
- Full-service hospital including surgery, gastroscopy, 2 barns, 2 critical care stalls, an isolation stall, and a standing MRI.
- Takes time off seriously, and loves educating our staff and clients. Mentoring students and interns keep us learning at the same time.
- Enriches people’s lives by bringing knowledge, experience, and peace of mind to horse owners and horse enthusiasts.
- FT ACVIM internal medicine clinician with hospital and ambulatory duties.
- Occasional after hours on call duty shared with other associates.
- 4 day work week with share of weekends and Saturday mornings.
- Doctor rounds are held every Monday morning, and a practice total team meeting is held one morning each month.
- Haul in appointments on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings.
This is a great opportunity for personal and professional growth, allowing you to achieve your full potential. The position will allow you to further utilize your skills as you help the practice attain its vision. Minutes from the ocean, and beaches, 20 minutes from Cape Cod, within 2 hours of great skiing, and all the culture and sports Boston has to offer. Our complete compensation package is commensurate with your contribution to the team and success of the practice.
Board certified ACVIM (or eligible and willing to sit for the exam)
Ambulatory calls and Hospital cases
Primary and Secondary opinion cases
MA state veterinary license
Special interests are encouraged and preferred!
If any of this sounds like you, consider the INTERNAL MEDICINE CLINICIAN position with South Shore Equine!