Are you an experienced Specialty or Emergency Veterinarian that's looking for a dynamic leadership role as Medical Director of a great community-based specialty hospital?
Join this incredible team and receive a $150k Signing Bonus!
At Veterinary Specialty Center of Seattle, we strive to provide the highest quality and most compassionate care available. We are a comprehensive team of board-certified Veterinary Specialists, Emergency Doctors, Interns, Residents, highly trained Veterinary Technicians, Assistants, and Client Service Representatives, all dedicated to animals in need of advanced medical expertise. We are a busy practice with a diversified caseload; our team (including 3 criticalists, 3 internists, 3 surgeons, 1 radiologist, 3 neurologists, 2 oncologists, as well as 10 highly experienced ER doctors, and a skilled technical and assistant staff) takes pride in its cohesion and teamwork. With your team at VSC of Seattle, you will have the opportunity for a bustling case load, professional growth, outreach within the community, a collegial work environment, work-life balance, and the ability to mentor our 7 rotating interns and 4 residents.
Doctors are supported by an amazing group of dedicated technicians, client care coordinators, and a management team with many years of veterinary medicine experience.
We're fortunate to have...
- A busy location with appreciative clients
- An educated and compassionate support team, and
- Amazing benefits and growth opportunities
Veterinary Specialty Center of Seattle has joined forces with Thrive Pet Healthcare to support our clinicians while allowing our hospital to maintain our own individual culture and practice medicine that makes sense for our clinicians and patients. Together as a team, our doctors decide how we practice and are welcome to develop and/or update our hospital's medical protocols.
The Medical Director is a working part of the team, and in this role, we seek:
- Excellent diagnostic capabilities
- Compassionate individual, dedicated to client and patient care
- Outstanding referring veterinarian communicator
- Soft tissue surgical skill set are a plus
- Partnership with the Practice Manager and Support office on recruiting, interviewing and hiring of veterinarians.
- Involvement in budgetary decisions regarding inventory, products, and staff labor
- Comfort with coaching, issuing performance improvement plans and disciplinary action
- Collaboration with Regional Operations team and support initiatives and policies
- Scheduling for the doctor team and to assist leads with their team schedules if needed
- A person to plan & lead regular doctor team meetings
- Attendance in all operational meetings and workshops (some travel required)
- Commitment to core values and coaching of other team members as well
- High emotional intelligence, and comfort delivering regular performance evaluations for doctors and leadership team
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- $150k Signing Bonus
- Benefits package that include health, dental, vision, life, paid time off
- 401k with employer match
- Industry-first Veterinary Incentive Plan (VIP)
- Annual CE funds
- Pet care discounts & bereavement pay
- Paid parental leave
Seattle is a vibrant and fun city with a strong cultural scene and excellent restaurants. The beautiful and unique natural environment also makes it a living paradise for the outdoorsy community, with the mountains and ocean nearby. The Emerald City is a great place to live! We have a moderate climate with sunny spring and summers; great skiing and snowboarding are only a few hours away. There is always something to do - music festivals, incredible and diverse dining, ferry rides, and sporting events at every turn. We are a foodie's paradise, with great local produce and farmers' markets, tons of breweries and wineries, and amazing fresh seafood.
You take great care of Animals. We take great care of YOU!
We look forward to hearing from you.
For more information on this exciting opportunity, contact Lindsay Wilbur at email@example.com.
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.