Job Description: VCA Veterinary Emergency Service and Veterinary Specialty Center
is a steadily expanding, emergency and specialty hospital group in the Madison, WI looking for a residency trained or board certified Internist
to join our team.
We have three locations (Madison, Middleton, Janesville) which are staffed by a progressive team of ER doctors, specialists, and a highly skilled group of CVTs and Assistants. Our specialty departments include: Oncology, Surgery, Critical Care, and Internal Medicine. Our management philosophy is centered around customer service, whether our customer is our patient, the owner, or our referring veterinarian. Our mission to exceed client expectations fosters a team/customer focused/patient care oriented environment with encouraged collaborative decision making. Our goal is to empower our staff to be fully engaged providing the best care/service possible. With over 150 employees total, VCA VES/VSC has a highly-dedicated administration team.
The Madison area is home to a diverse population. Madison is the capital of the Wisconsin and the seat of Dane County. Madison's estimated population of 255,000 make it the second-largest city in Wisconsin by population. Located on an isthmus between Lake Mendota and Lake Monona, the city is home to the University of Wisconsin-Madison, the Wisconsin State Capitol, Henry Vilas Zoo, lakes, and an extensive network of parks and bike trails.
Our emergency hospital in Madison is open 24 hours/day, 7 days/week and this position offers the flexibility of working shifts at our specialty emergency hospitals in the Middleton and Janesville areas.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina
, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.