Job Description: VCA Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center of Westbury
- one of the most established and recognizable specialty practices on Long Island, New York-is seeking a board certified or residency trained Internist
to join our 24-hour emergency/critical care and specialty referral practice.
We are Trauma Level 1 Certified, indicating our resources and ability to provide sophisticated emergent and critical patient care. We offer multiple advanced diagnostic and treatment modalities such as MRI, 64-slice CT, fluoroscopy, full endoscopic capabilities, minimally invasive surgical equipment, ultrasound, DR, a hyperbaric chamber, and tracheal & urethral stenting capabilities. We have specialists in Internal Medicine, Surgery, Emergency & Critical Care, Neurology, and Oncology. We believe in our staff and support their ongoing growth and development. We maintain a strong culture of teaching in our hospital, with a progressive and cutting edge internship program.Hospital Video
Long Island is a great place to live and work. It has all the charms of a rural community, the support network of the suburbs, and the perks of being a short drive to Manhattan. Close to the beaches, close to nature, and close to the city. In addition to major and minor sporting events, just about any outdoor activity can be had here, from hiking/biking/horseback riding to boating/fishing/swimming to apple & pumpkin picking! Long Islands communities are very diverse- if you are looking for a small town, a large town or a close knit village you will have no problem finding a place to suite your wants and needs.
Collaboration is the hallmark of our culture at VREC Westbury, and our doctors consult with each other throughout the day to ensure that each patient has access to whatever care is needed. It's also the foundation of our commitment to delivering excellent service to our clients and referring veterinarians.
Our team takes pride in fostering an atmosphere of mutual respect and recognition while being adaptable, goal driven and engaged. Don't be surprised to find the Medical Director setting up a scavenger hunt and the Hospital Manager firing up the grill in the backyard. Be prepared for some friendly competition and a lot of laughs during our annual Spirit Week event.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a collaborative network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this job, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.