Job Description: Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center of Westbury,
one of the most established and recognizable specialty practices on Long Island, is seeking a veterinary Cardiologist to join our 24-hour emergency and specialty referral practice.
We are Trauma Level 1 Certified , indicating our resources and ability to provide sophisticated emergent and critical patient care. We offer multiple advanced diagnostic and treatment modalities such as MRI, CT, Fluoroscopy, Endoscopy, ultrasound, etc. We have specialists in Internal Medicine, Surgery, Emergency & Critical Care, Neurology, and Oncology.
Collaboration is the hallmark of our culture at VREC Westbury. Throughout our hospital, you will see doctors consulting with each other to ensure each patient has access to exceptional care. We are a teaching hospital, which further encourages collaboration as we participant in rounds and case presentations with our intern class.
We strive to provide outstanding patient care, empathetic communication with pet owners, and to work as a true partner with our referring community. We also like to have fun at work. Don't be surprised to find the Medical Director setting up a scavenger hunt or the Hospital Manager firing up the grill in the backyard. Be prepared for some friendly competition and lots of laughs during our annual Spirit Week event.
Long Island is a great place to live and work. It has all the charms of a rural community, the support network of the suburbs, and the benefits of being a short drive to Manhattan. Both major and minor sports teams are located here, including baseball, hockey, lacrosse, and soccer teams. Outdoor activities are available to suit all interests, from hiking, biking, and horseback riding to boating, fishing, and swimming. We even have great spots for apple and pumpkin picking! Long Island's communities are very diverse - if you are looking for a small town, a large town, a close-knit village, or an apartment complex with amenities you will have no problem finding a place to suite your needs.
For additional information, visit VCA Careers- About us.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- Innovative associate health and wellbeing department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a peer network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this job, please contact Kristen Hreczan, Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty, at firstname.lastname@example.org
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.