Job Description: VCA Animal Specialty Group (VCA ASG)
is seeking a board certified or board-eligible Internist
to join our 24-hour emergency and specialty referral practice located in beautiful Los Angeles, CA.
VCA ASG Los Angeles is one of the finest emergency and specialty referral hospitals in Southern California. Animal Specialty Group was the first hospital in California to be certified as a specialty hospital by AAHA. The specialty staff is comprised of board certified surgeons, internists, neurologists, a cardiologist, an oncologist - double boarded in medical and radiation oncology, and a criticalist. The program is further complemented by surgery, internal medicine, and neurology specialty internships, as well as a surgical residency program. In addition, the emergency department is comprised of experienced, internship-trained staff doctors. The hospital is considered a teaching hospital and is regularly staffed with a rotating internship class and a specialty intern staff supporting the Internal Medicine, Surgery, and the Neurology departments alongside 3 surgical residents.
The hospital is a modern state-of-the-art 12,000 sq. ft. facility which houses 10 exam rooms, 2 operating rooms, an isolation ward, a separate intern office/work area, staff doctor offices, and a conference room facility (for rounds, lectures, and teaching). Other notable enhancements include in-house 1.5 Tesla MRI and new 64-slice CT. A partial list of equipment includes complete ASIF and total hip instrumentation, external fixators, endoscopes (including instrumentation for arthroscopy, GI endoscopy, bronchoscopy, laparoscopy, and thoracoscopy), surgical microscope, CO2 laser, digital radiography, state-of-the-art anesthetic and monitoring equipment, ultrasound with color flow doppler, defibrillator, and surgical instrumentation for complex surgical procedures.
ASG is located in beautiful, sunny Southern California, with access to many cultural, educational, and recreational activities. Local mountains for skiing, hiking, camping, horseback riding, or fishing are about a half hour drive from the hospital. The ocean is less than an hour away.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- Innovative associate health and wellbeing department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina
, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.