Job Description: VCA Palm Beach Veterinary Specialists
has an ideal opportunity for a board certified or residency-trained Internal Medicine Specialist
to join our team in West Palm Beach, Florida!
With a focus on providing exceptional care to both our patients and their owners, Palm Beach Veterinary Specialists was established in West Palm Beach in 1998 as a solo-specialty practice and has flourished into a busy, multi-disciplinary, specialty/emergency practice. We reside within a new, award winning (2015 Hospital of the Year) 34,000 sq. ft. physical plant (operating 24/7/365) that boasts an in-house reference laboratory and blood bank, MRI, CT, I-131, Endoscopy, Ultrasound, ECG, electro diagnostics, a Linear Accelerator, and so much more! Our advanced-design facility and service capability brings a level of sophistication to our practice that is unmatched in south Florida. The Hospital is also home to the Palm Coast Education Center that includes a 125-seat auditorium, a large conference room and a meeting hall that are used to provide continuing education programs for veterinarians and paraprofessionals.
Our staff of specialists include Surgery, Internal Medicine, Radiation Oncology, Medical Oncology, Neurology and a team of experienced emergency and critical care doctors. We are an integrated practice that utilizes a team approach to case consultation and management, and we employ skilled, cheerful, compassionate, and dedicated nurses. Our doctors work together to provide optimal patient care, excellent client service and open dialogue with referring veterinarians. We believe patient outcomes are improved through collaboration. Therefore, the successful candidate is expected to develop professional relationships with and deliver continuing education topics to in-house staff as well as to the local and greater veterinary community.
The position is full time with ample time off for professional and personal development. This is an excellent opportunity for any clinician to advance a career and work at a level to which you were trained.
West Palm Beach is located on the southeast coast of Florida. Urban, suburban and rural living all can be enjoyed within close driving distance to the hospital. The area is blessed with year-round pleasant weather and beautiful white sandy beaches. Come live where people vacation!
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina
, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.