Job Description: VCA Timberlyne Animal Hospital
in Chapel Hill, NC
, is looking for a Medical Director to join our dedicated team. Our doctors, along with our experienced and compassionate staff, thrives on teamwork and communication. Our team is Fear Free certified, and our Hospital is in the process of being certified.
As an AAHA accredited hospital, our services include comprehensive preventive wellness care, including early disease detection and vaccines, parasite control, internal medicine, surgery, cold laser therapy, dog grooming, digital dental radiographs, professional dental cleanings, and extractions in our designated dental suite and Holistic medicine. In addition, we are one of the few hospitals in the area that sees exotics!
This is an outstanding opportunity to continue practicing medicine while establishing the Hospital's direction and medical quality like an owner would make without ownership risks. Plus, you'll have the solid backing of experts in Operations, Marketing, Human Resources, Payroll, and more, to help you succeed.
Hospital website: VCA Timberlyne Animal Hospital VCA Timberlyne Animal Hospita
l is located in a very sought-after community, right in the heart of Chapel Hill, NC. Within a short distance of our Hospital, there is a City vibe and a Country feel. You can go out for a fun night in the town with great food and drinks or sit on the front porch and relax and watch the countryside. The surrounding cities all have amazing Music, Arts, and Food culture-a very diverse region. And if outdoor activity is the thing for you, biking, kayaking, fishing, golf, hiking, and even gardening could be at your back door.
In this position, you'll use your superior medical judgment combined with a high level of empathy, confidence, and humility to build a loyal client base and heal pets.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including: Health & Wellness
- Innovative associate health and wellbeing department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University - offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- VCA Academy's Mentorship Program - participate as a mentee or mentor in a GP or ER setting
- Opportunities to participate in a robust Clinical Studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.