VCA Staten Island AND South Shore
located in Staten Island, NY
are looking for a Medical Director who enjoys practicing advanced medicine with a cohesive, tenured team and can lead two hospitals!Staten Island and South Shore are looking to split a Medical Director between the two hospitals. This would include 2 days at each hospital, making one full-time schedule. The days of the week would be flexible but may include a weekend day every so often. For this role, we are looking for a Medical Director with experience at large volume practice/s who is ready for a new challenge. This role would be highly compensated for managing two hospitals. On Staten Island we have 2 unique hospitals. One hospital catering to the north shore of the island and the other catering to the south shore of the island. We are close to shopping malls, restaurants, national and recreational parks, the beach and transportation such as the SIRR and MTA buses. There are different grade schools surrounding us. There are 3 diverse bridges to commute through as well as the Staten Island Ferry to travel to our area. We are home to the Staten Island Yankees located in the St. George area by the SI Ferry.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated veterinarian to continue practicing medicine while establishing the direction and medical quality of the hospital like a practice owner. Plus, you'll have the solid backing of experts in Operations, Marketing, Human Resources, Payroll, and more, to help you succeed.
At VCA we are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity, and strive to be a place where a talented mix of people want to come, stay, and do their best work.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Well-being
- Innovative associate health and well-being department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University - offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- VCA Academy's Mentorship Program - participate as a mentee or mentor in a GP or ER setting
- Opportunities to participate in a robust Clinical Studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.