Job Description: VCA Bradshaw Animal Hospital
located in Elk Grove, CA
is looking for a Medical Director
who enjoys practicing advanced medicine with a cohesive, tenured team.
VCA Bradshaw Animal Hospital is open 7 days a week from 7am-10pm. We have an excellent team of 12 veterinarians and 70 support staff. We have evolved into a full service facility to support general and urgent care cases with ultrasound, endoscopy, digital radiography, and cold laser treatment/diagnostic modalities. Board certified specialists are on site monthly for cardiology, surgery and ultrasonography. We are a growing facility and aim to provide both GP and urgent care services during all hours of operation.
Schedule is full time 4 day a week, 10 hour shifts. Shift are may vary to include comprehensive support of an urgent care hospital. Includes some weekends and holidays.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated veterinarian to continue practicing medicine while establishing the direction and medical quality of the hospital like a practice owner. Plus, you'll have the solid backing of experts in Operations, Marketing, Human Resources, Payroll, and more, to help you succeed.
Elk Grove is a wonderful community and still has the small town country feel but with all the shopping amenities one would expect from a big city. We are close to Sacramento, about 2 hours from San Francisco or to Lake Tahoe. K-12 schools in our area are highly regarded as well. This is a developing community with many new homes built around the area- so pick your favorite area to live in our city! The foothills are close by for hiking trails, lakes such as Camanche, Hogan and Amador are great for waterskiing and wake boarding, and Sacramento has a vibrant old town area with fine dining and museums along the River. Check out our Community Partnerships Here
At VCA we are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity, and strive to be a place where a talented mix of people want to come, stay, and do their best work.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Well-being
- Innovative associate health and well-being department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University - offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- VCA Academy's Mentorship Program - participate as a mentee or mentor in a GP or ER setting
- Opportunities to participate in a robust Clinical Studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.