Our busy small animal hospital is looking for a Medical Director!
VCA Bonita Animal Hospital combines a state-of-the-art veterinary hospital with medical and surgical expertise to optimize the treatment options for our patients. We believe medical care does not end with a doctor's visit, but also includes preventive health and hygiene. That is why we also offer complete grooming and boarding facilities.
The Medical Director (MD) under direction of the field management team, is responsible for establishing the medical quality and patent care practiced by all doctors in a given hospital. The MD achieves this through strong leadership and serving as a mentor and role model for the associate veterinarians and staff. A MD should demonstrate a strong work ethic, integrity, and a consistent positive attitude. The MD is also an integral part of the hospital management team responsible for the overall financial performance of the hospital, and helps create and drive the overall direction for the hospital that will achieve positive results. The MD also fulfills all of the duties of a staff veterinarian in addition to the specific responsibilities of Medical Director. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Well-developed interpersonal skills.
· Ability to take information obtained from clients, staff and other sources, discern that which is credible, and assess the hospital and/or a situation objectively.
· Ability to multi-task and deal with high levels of stress in an environment of changing priorities.
· Is able to take charge, initiate actions, hold people accountable, and delegate responsibilities in such a way as to achieve positive results.
· Comfortably and confidently confronts difficult issues with co-workers and is a skilled communicator at multiple levels within VCA.
· Is capable of, and willing to work the hours necessary to accomplish the required responsibilities and ensure the smooth operation of the hospital.
Our ideal candidate will ensure the highest medical standards and profitable operations of the practice while educating our clients and staff and delivering the highest quality medical, surgical and preventative care to our patients.
As a member of the VCA family, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth.
Among the reasons to consider joining VCA are:
• Network of 4,500+ doctors, including more than 600 Specialists.
• Largest provider of Private Practice Internships and Residencies in the U.S.
• WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff.
• Robust Clinical Studies program.
• Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities.
About VCA Bonita Animal Hospital:
· Digital Radiography and Digital Dental Radiography
· We work closely with the San Diego Humane Society
· Busy hospital with a large parking lot for staff and clients
· Close to major freeway, I-805
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to our team!
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.