VCA Cat Hospital of Chicago
located in Chicago, IL
is looking for a Medical Director
who enjoys practicing advanced medicine with a cohesive, tenured team.Our client base is growing at VCA Cat Hospital of Chicago in Chicago, IL! We have been proudly serving the feline community for over 20 years. Are you looking to lead a practice with the following qualities?
If so, then come lead our team as the Medical Director of this unique practice! VCA Cat Hospital of Chicago is a well-equipped facility with a devoted and highly skilled staff. We have a genuine love for cats and believe in the human-animal bond. Our team provides high-quality, compassionate, feline-friendly medical care for our patients.
- Loyal and dedicated clients
- Educated and Compassionate support team with certified veterinary technicians
- A professional, collaborative, fun practice style
- Great benefits and growth opportunities
At VCA, all of our hospitals are former private practices that have retained the spirit that made them successful and now have the people and financial resources of a large veterinary community. Our philosophy is to provide our doctors and hospital teams with the tools to be successful. We then rely on our doctors to make the best decisions for their patients. Our Medical Director will play an integral role in the overall success of the hospital by creating and motivating the team to achieve positive results.What we are:
What we are looking for:
- Busy 4 doctor practice
- AAHA, AAFP, Cat Friendly Practice-Gold
- Services include: Preventative Care, Surgery, Dentistry with Dental Radiography, Digital Radiographs, Ultrasound, and Feline Radioactive Thyroid I-131 Treatment
- An effective leader who can serve as a mentor and role model for our veterinarians and staff
- Someone who will establish the medical quality and patient care practiced by all doctors in the hospital
- A strong work ethic, integrity, and a consistent positive attitude while doing what they love…practicing quality medicine!
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Well-being
- Innovative associate health and well-being department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University - offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- VCA Academy's Mentorship Program - participate as a mentee or mentor in a GP or ER setting
- Opportunities to participate in a robust Clinical Studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.