Job Description: VCA High Peaks Animal Hospital, Hamilton, New York is looking for a stellar Medical Director to join our team!! Job Summary:
The Medical Director (MD) under direction of the field management team, is responsible for establishing the medical quality and patient care practiced by all doctors in a given hospital. The MD achieves this through strong leadership and serving as a mentor and role model for the associate veterinarians and staff. A MD should demonstrate a strong work ethic, integrity, and a consistent positive attitude. The MD is also an integral part of the hospital management team responsible for the overall financial performance of the hospital, and helps create and drive the overall direction for the hospital that will achieve positive results. The MD also fulfills all of the duties of a staff veterinarian in addition to the specific responsibilities of Medical Director. Schedule:
- Schedule includes 4 days/week ( M on-Fri) with a rotating half day on Saturday.
- Hospital hours are 8a-6p
VCA High Peaks works closely with a doctor who provides wildlife liaison services for any wildlife brought into the hospital and has a doctor that worked in raptor rehabilitation! In addition to the occasional wildlife patient, we are a small animal practice that regularly sees dogs, cats, rabbits, ferrets and pocket pets!
Ray Brook is the perfect location for outdoor enthusiasts - located between Lake Placid and Saranac Lake, it has perfect access to waterways and hiking opportunities! https://vcahospitals.com/high-peaks
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Well-being
- Innovative associate health and well-being department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University - offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- VCA Academy's Mentorship Program - participate as a mentee or mentor in a GP or ER setting
- Opportunities to participate in a robust Clinical Studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.