Job Description: VCA Becker Animal Hospital,
located in Homewood, Alabama,
is looking for a Medical Director
who enjoys practicing advanced medicine with a cohesive, tenured team. VCA Becker Animal Hospital
is a one-of-a-kind, AHAA accredited, three doctor practice. Our hospital has been serving the Homewood community for over 20 years. We are a fast-paced, growing clinic with diverse and loyal clients.
Homewood is a thriving community that offers a mix of successful businesses . Located just minutes from Downtown Birmingham, Homewood provides a great shopping and dining experience. From shopping the original boutiques, bakeries, and gift shops to grabbing a bite to eat at one of the many eateries. While you're here, be sure to take a tour of Samford University, the highest-ranked university in the state of Alabama. Discover why Homewood has been named one of the best places to raise a family as you spend time in one of our many green spaces, from Patriot Park to the Lakeshore Trail.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated veterinarian to continue practicing medicine while establishing the direction and medical quality of the hospital like a practice owner. Plus, you'll have the solid backing of experts in Operations, Marketing, Human Resources, Payroll, and more, to help you succeed. Hospital Website: VCA Becker Animal Hospital
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including: Health & Well-being
- Innovative associate health and well-being department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University - offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- VCA Academy's Mentorship Program - participate as a mentee or mentor in a GP or ER setting
- Opportunities to participate in a robust Clinical Studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.