Job Description: VCA Thornton Animal Hospital,
located in Thornton, CO
is looking for a Medical Director
who wants to lead major change in the veterinary profession.
VCA Thornton Animal Hospitalis a member of VCA IdeaPark
, a group of hospitals working to rethink the future of veterinary medicine. If you are curious about different ways to solve existing problems in veterinary medicine and enjoy being on the leading edge, VCA Thornton Animal Hospital is the hospital for you! You will be joining a network of like-minded associates, supported by an all-star team and have access to our latest digital tools. We offer a variety of services including preventative wellness, emergency care, soft tissue surgery, dentistry, ultrasound, digital radiography, and more! VCA IdeaPark
is focused on some of the biggest opportunities facing hospitals in our profession including:
- Increasing capacity to care for patients in an associate-centric manner
- Improving convenience and optimizing efficiency for clients and care teams
- Reducing stress for clients, patients and care teams.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated veterinarian to continue practicing medicine while establishing the direction and medical quality of the hospital like a practice owner. Plus, you'll have the solid backing of experts in Operations, Marketing, Human Resources, Payroll, and more, to help you succeed.
We are looking for a leader who brings an ownership mentality to the practice and relishes the opportunity to lead bold change. At VCA Thornton Animal Hospital, you will find us creating breakthroughs in experience for hospital associates, clients, and patients. We are challenging the existing paradigms in veterinary medicine and are looking for a veterinarian who wants to be part of this journey with us!Hospital Website
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- Innovative associate health and wellbeing department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University - offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- VCA Academy's Mentorship Program - participate as a mentee or mentor in a GP or ER setting
- Opportunities to participate in a robust Clinical Studies program
Annual salary starting at $80,000 - $120,000. Higher salaries are negotiable based on credentials and experience.
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.