Job Description: VCA Butte Oroville Animal Hospital
located in Oroville, California
is looking for a Medical Director who enjoys practicing advanced medicine with a cohesive, tenured team.
We are a full service, small animal hospital that offers digital radiography, digital dental radiography, ultrasound, orthopedic procedures and much more. We have one long term full time doctor and one long term part time doctor. We have 1 RVT. Many of our support staff has been here long term. Our staff is dedicated to delivering the best medicine for our patients and the best client service. We have a strong client base. Full time with no after hour services. We are open Monday through Friday and every other Saturday.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated veterinarian to continue practicing medicine while establishing the direction and medical quality of the hospital like a practice owner. Plus, you'll have the solid backing of experts in Operations, Marketing, Human Resources, Payroll, and more, to help you succeed.
Oroville is a medium sized town but still has that small town charm. We are located in Northern California about 20 minutes South of Chico and about 90 minutes north of Sacramento. Our Hospital is located about 10 miles from Lake Oroville that has great recreation including camping, fishing, hiking, biking or just enjoying a beautiful day on one of their designated picnic areas. We are just minutes from some of the best hunting areas in California including water fowl and deer. Oroville is about a 2 hour drive from Lake Tahoe, 3-4 hours to the coast and about 2 ½ hours to Napa. Oroville offers a wide varieties of activities while delivering an affordable cost of living. Sneak Peak of What Oroville Has to Offer!
At VCA we are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity, and strive to be a place where a talented mix of people want to come, stay, and do their best work.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Well-being
- Innovative associate health and well-being department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University - offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- VCA Academy's Mentorship Program - participate as a mentee or mentor in a GP or ER setting
- Opportunities to participate in a robust Clinical Studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.