Job Description: VCA DeLand Animal Hospital
located in DeLand, Florida,
is looking for a Medical Director
who enjoys practicing advanced medicine with a cohesive, tenured team. Sign-On Bonus Offered!
Over the last 50 years, VCA DeLand Animal Hospital
has evolved from a small town practice into a state-of-the-art facility providing routine care, urgent care, and emergency services! We are an almost 7,000 square foot renovated hospital, with five exam rooms, a fully functioning operating room, and an entire support team.
We offer pet boarding, ZooMED Animal Care, Advanced Care, cold laser therapy, ophthalmology, blood and plasma transfusions, digital radiology, soft tissue surgery, ultrasound, laser surgery, tonopen, home delivery on rx's and diets, preventative care, primary care, emergency care. We are located in Central Florida between Orlando and Daytona Beach! Enjoy local restaurants and the great outdoors with bicycling, hiking, snorkeling, water recreation! Deland
is a place to discover spectacular natural beauty and see unspoiled native Florida landscapes, fascinating birds, and fantastic wildlife. The area offers legendary fishing, houseboat rentals, sparkling springs, and scenic parks along the majestic St. Johns River. DeLand has a charming Main Street with unique shopping, dining, memorable attractions, museums, and festivals.VCA DeLand Animal Hospital
is an outstanding opportunity to continue practicing medicine while establishing its direction and medical quality like an owner would make but without ownership risks. Plus, you'll have the solid backing of experts in Operations, Marketing, Human Resources, Payroll, and more, to help you succeed.
As a doctor, you will use your superior medical judgment combined with a high level of empathy, confidence, and humility to build a loyal client base and heal pets.Hospital Website: VCA DeLand Animal Hospital
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including: Health & Well-being
- Innovative associate health and well-being department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University - offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- VCA Academy's Mentorship Program - participate as a mentee or mentor in a GP or ER setting
- Opportunities to participate in a robust Clinical Studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.