Job Description: VCA Anderson Animal Hospital
, located in Lakewood , CO
, is looking for a Medical Director
who enjoys practicing advanced medicine with a cohesive team. Signing/Retention Bonus up to $20,000 available!
A Medical Director at VCA is a job that gives you autonomy, ownership, and career growth. It allows you to share in the success of the hospital. This is an outstanding opportunity to continue practicing medicine while establishing the direction and medical quality of the hospital like an owner would, but without the financial risks. You'll have the solid backing of experts in Operations, Marketing, Human Resources, Payroll, and more, to help you succeed.
As a hospital that is AAHA accredited and a Cat and Exotic Friendly Practice, you can rest assured we offer the highest level of medical care. We offer puppy & kitten wellness, adult & senior wellness, vaccinations, spays & neuters, general surgery, hospitalization, boarding services and home delivery of prescriptions and prescription diets. Not only do we have a boarded surgeon, cardiologist, and radiologist regularly offering in-house services, but there are also at least five, 24-hour specialty hospitals within a 15-mile radius. Our provides access to digital radiography, digital dental radiography, ultrasound, in-house chemistry and CBC, and more!
Our well-established support staff allows doctors to focus on diagnosis and treatment, surgery, medical records, and client relationships. We have 4 certified technicians, and some of our team members have been with the practice for 25 years! We regularly see small exotics, birds and wildlife. Our close relationship with animal control and licensed wildlife rehabilitators allows us to provide the essential community service of triage for injured and orphaned wildlife. With a support staff trained and enthusiastic about exotics and an established exotics client base, we are a great place to allow your exotic medicine practice to thrive!
V CA Anderson Animal Hospital is nestled intimately within the community we serve and we have many clients that we have been helping for 30 years or more! This charming hospital is located in beautiful Lakewood, CO - halfway between the convenience and bustle of Denver and the adventure and activities of the Rocky Mountains. The outdoor Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Dinosaur Ridge, and the Bandimere Speedway drag strip are nearby. It is in the perfect location for hiking, snowboarding, skiing, biking, golfing, and more! Hospital Website
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Well-being
- Innovative associate health and well-being department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University - offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- VCA Academy's Mentorship Program - participate as a mentee or mentor in a GP or ER setting
- Opportunities to participate in a robust Clinical Studies program
Compensation negotiable based on credentials and experience; annual salary starting at $120,000 - $135,000 plus stipends, production, and bonus potential.
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.