Job Description: VCA Lewis Animal Hospital
is seeking a full time Medical Director
to join our great team in Columbia, Maryland
We are a busy, 4-doctor hospital that focuses on compassionate care and excellent customer service. Our extremely close-knit staff is here for the wellbeing of the pet and our wonderful clients! The hospital is recently renovated and we pride ourselves on the pristine, clean, welcoming look of our facility. Our facility features multiple exam rooms, a large surgery suite, ultrasound machine, dental suite, digital radiology and digital dental radiology.
We primarily see dogs, cats and some pocket pets with a goal of expanding our exotic services with an associate that has the desire and skills to do so. We pride ourselves on being a teaching hospital for veterinary students as well as our tech interns!
This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated veterinarian to continue practicing medicine while establishing the direction and medical quality of the hospital like a practice owner. Plus, you'll have the solid backing of experts in Operations, Marketing, Human Resources, Payroll, and more, to help you succeed.
A full time doctor schedule will consist of a 4-day workweek (one assigned surgery/procedure day) with rotating Saturdays.
Columbia is an extremely beautiful, family oriented area. You can drive a few minutes north to visit Baltimore and you can drive less than an hour south to visit Washington, DC. Howard County is limitless with community events, great schools and pet friendly living!VCA Lewis Animal Hospital
At VCA we are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity, and strive to be a place where a talented mix of people want to come, stay, and do their best work.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Well-being
- Innovative associate health and well-being department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University - offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- VCA Academy's Mentorship Program - participate as a mentee or mentor in a GP or ER setting
- Opportunities to participate in a robust Clinical Studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.