You have worked hard to earn your veterinary technician credentials. Are you ready to bring your love and caring for animals to work with a group of outstanding veterinary professionals in a state-of-the-art medical environment that values learning, sharing and growth?
If so, VCA SouthPaws Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Center in Fairfax, VA is looking for you!
We currently have multiple opening s for full-time Licensed Veterinary Technicians (LVT s ) to work in our Oncology department. Opportunities are available in both medical and radiatio n oncology. The schedule for medical oncology would consist of four 10-hour shifts , and the schedule for radiation oncology would consist of five 8-hour shifts .
SouthPaws LVTs enjoy above-average compensation based on their experience and enjoy a $750 allowance for continuing education , and you may qualify for a generous signing bonus!
Candidates should be comfortable with monitoring anesthesia, taking radiographs and venipuncture.
As an LVT, you are a crucial part of our team and we are excited to help you use the knowledge and skills that you've invested your time and talent in developing.
At VCA Animal Hospitals, we are deeply committed to our associates' well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic. Related benefits currently offered include:
- Double overtime
- Supplementary paid sick leave if y ou or a family member gets sick
- Health insurance covering COVID testing, COVID car e and vaccines
Additionally, we offer a generous benefits package including:
- Annual CE stipend of $750/ yr for full time Credentialed Veterinary Technicians
- Generous hospital discounts for your personal pets
- 401 ( k ) with matching
- Multiple, flexible h ealth insurance options to fit your needs
- HSA, FSA and dependent care FSA account options
- Dental & Vision plans
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid time off
- Employer-paid Short Term Disability insurance, Long Term Disability options
- Paid basic Life insurance with supplemental life and AD&D options
- Identity monitoring and protection
- Legal counseling and services
- Discounts on Ske chers , Bobs and Snibbs shoes
- Discounts on cellular phone plans through AT&T, Verizon and Sprint
- Discounts on laptops, computers and appliances through Dell, HP and GE
- Paid yearly NAVTA membership, Dove membership & state license renewal
- Three sets of scrubs per year
- Comprehensive online library of free CE, training & job support webinars through WOOF U, VCA's online training tool
- Interested in becoming licensed? VCA has partnered with Penn Foster to provide discounts on a wide variety of educational offerings to all VCA associates, in addition to full paid scholarships for eligible associates.
Competitive LVT candidates should have a proven track record of providing exceptional patient care while being a true patient advocate. They should be comfortable with monitoring anesthesia, taking radiographs, venipuncture, effective patient monitoring and administering medications.
We are seeking candidates who are articulate, dependable, hardworking, compassionate, flexible with scheduling, adept at communicating with clients and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
We look forward to receiving your application!
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and strive to be a place where a mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.