Job Description: VCA Northwest Veterinary Specialists is hiring Certified Veterinary Technicians to support the brand-new Surgical Oncology department.
The surgical oncology veterinary technician will support the surgical oncology unit. Duties will include anesthesia for patients undergoing oncologic surgery, nursing care pre-procedure, peri-procedure, and post-procedure. The technician will be responsible for formulating anesthetic plans for patients undergoing surgery under the supervision and collaboration of the anesthesiologist and surgeon. The surgical oncology technician will be responsible for patient follow-up as well as helping to perform examinations and diagnostics of new cases that present to the unit for treatment in collaboration with faculty, residents, and interns. Procedures include anesthesia for computed tomography scans, basic outpatient surgery and advanced oncologic surgery.Required qualifications:
- Certified (or eligible) Veterinary Technician in Oregon.
- Previous experience with companion animal anesthesia (dog/cat)
- Operating room procedures, and post-operative care.
- Excellent communication skills necessary to interact effectively with coworkers, specialists, clients, and patients.
- Ability to readily learn new procedures.
Sign-on bonus up to $5k and relocation assistance available!Schedule:
- Credentialed technician specialist in Veterinary Technician Specialties of Anesthesia, Surgery, or Internal Medicine (Oncology).
- Previous oncology or surgical experience
Full-time opportunity. Four- 10-hour shiftsCompensation:
Starting at $28/hr.Video: https://vimeo.com/508934618 Location:
16756 SE 82nd Dr, Clackamas, OR 97015What makes VCA Northwest Veterinary Specialists Unique?
The hospital was built in 1999 as a 10,000 square foot facility but it quickly grew out of that building. Within 10 years the hospital added another 5,000 square feet. A year later an additional 5,000 square foot building was added to create the Imaging Center. In 2016, due to unprecedented growth, a third building with 7,000 square feet was added creating an entire medical complex encompassing many veterinary specialties. With the addition of Radiation Oncology, what started off as a small specialty center has grown into a large campus. The people and resources of VCA NWVS provides pets and clients with the most comprehensive veterinary care in the Portland-Vancouver metro region.
The unofficial motto of the city is "Keep Portland Weird". It means that Portland is a unique, forward-thinking city with a laid-back sensibility and a wonderful view of the world. It is often referred to as the Greenest City in America and in 2012 was listed among the top ten places to live in the United States. Along with the "green culture" it has environmental sensibilities with tons of farmers markets, opportunities for having your own garden and a large backyard chicken raising community. This is an outdoors person's dream with mountains, beach and forest activities within minutes reach. The weather is mild thus ensuring year-round activities and the relatively low population practically guarantees you having the trails to yourself. The city has multiple neighborhoods with their own traits, but all are a pet lover's paradise. Portland ranks first in the country with the most dog parks per capita and often voted "Pet Friendliest City in America."Benefits of joining the VCA Northwest Veterinary Specialists Team!
We are passionate about supporting Veterinary Technicians and are committed to your continuing education and personal career development. VCA is a community of dedicated professionals that will encourage you to explore everything a Veterinary Technician career has to offer. At VCA, we are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity and strive to be a place where a talented mix of people want to come, stay, and do their best work. In addition, we support a work environment where you can focus on your career, happiness, and the patients you serve. Below are some of the many benefits of joining the VCA team!
Why do Veterinary Technicians love working at VCA Northwest Veterinary Specialists?
- Access to the people and financial resources of a large veterinary community
- Leadership opportunities
- Career development programs
- Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities
- Continuing education allowance
- Tuition support and sponsorships
- Veterinary Technician license reimbursement
- Free mental health sessions and wellness subscriptions (Head Space)
- Referral bonuses
- Competitive wage
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Generous pet care discounts
- Life, long and short-term disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid vacation (2 weeks in 1st year), sick time, and holiday pay
- 401(k) (company match)
- We offer a team approach to veterinary medicine where our specialists work together to provide the most advanced care possible for every patient.
- Of course, our patients!
- We are a teaching hospital dedicated to the growth of our associates!
Whether you are a highly experienced technician or a newcomer to specialty veterinary medicine, apply today! We look forward to meeting you!
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.