BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital in Brandon, FL is seeking a full-time boarded or residency trained internist to join our state of the art emergency and specialty hospital. We are looking to expand our current IM department due to high caseload and growth of the service. Our IM service has highly qualified, dedicated technicians experienced in internal medicine.
BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital in Brandon, FL has been servicing the Brandon area, a suburb of Tampa Bay, since 2007. Our 6,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art facility is open 24-hours, seven days a week, 365 days a year, offering emergency care when pets and their families need it most. In addition to emergency medicine, our board-certified and board-eligible clinicians specialize in internal medicine, oncology, and surgery. With more than 20 veterinarians on staff, our specialists and emergency clinicians work together to provide a strong, collaborative atmosphere and a team-based approach to advanced care. Current on-site diagnostic capabilities include digital radiography, endoscopes, and ultrasound.
We pride ourselves on creating a friendly, welcoming culture and we consider ourselves to be a part of a big family. We work very closely with each other and everyone is always willing to help their colleagues. Several of our specialists have been with BluePearl for more than 10 years, and all are experienced and well-respected within their fields. We also have some of the most senior technicians within the BluePearl network and most of them have been with us between 10-20 years. Some technicians are assigned to individual services, but all of them had the opportunity to be cross-trained.
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, CareerTrax, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
Annual company store allowance.
Flexible work schedules.
Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off, parental leave, and floating holiday plans.
A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
The town of Brandon has a year-round tropical climate, with an excess of beautiful, sunny days -- perfect for enjoying a variety of outdoor activities, including horseback riding and fishing. Family-friendly ZooTampa and theme parks Busch Gardens and Adventure Island are a mere 10 miles away. The growing community is only a few miles from downtown Tampa, as well as minutes from the beach, an hour from Orlando and close to all the major attractions of Central Florida. Brandon nevertheless manages to maintain its distinct small town atmosphere with great restaurants and delicious bakeries. Nothing typifies this more than the annual Brandon Balloon Classic. This event, held every April, is a two-day celebration that includes more than 50 hot air balloons from all over the country. Sports enthusiasts can take in a game in nearby Tampa to see the Tampa Bay Lightning, Tampa Bay Rays and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of the request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.