BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital in Christiana, Delaware, is seeking a full time boarded or residency trained Internal Medicine doctor to join our state of the art emergency and specialty hospital. Sign on bonus available for an experienced Internist!
BluePearl in Christiana, DE is the only Emergency and Specialty facility in the state. We have been serving the state of Delaware and surrounding states for 19 years. We are located between the two largest freeways in northern DE and our clientele visits us from all across Delaware, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Northern Maryland and Eastern Shore, and Southern New Jersey.
Our 11,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art facility features a 16-slice CT scanner as well as all the equipment necessary to perform a full complement of orthopedic, soft tissue, ophthalmologic, and minimally invasive procedures. We also have a very active ICU staffed by two board certified criticalists with a ventilator. The hospital has a large volume with a variety of cases handled by our boarded clinicians and our talented technical staff, which includes a high percentage of LVT and VTS associates.
Join our collaborative team of specialists and ER doctors. We have an active internship program in a dedicated learning environment. We also support the veterinary community by providing clinical training opportunities for the three veterinary technical schools in the mid-Atlantic region.
We are committed to providing our clinicians with the equipment that they need to perform advanced diagnostics and treatments. A Toshiba ultrasound with color flow doppler along with a fully staffed ICU including a Snyder ICU oxygen chamber is available 24/7/365. Procedure rooms with ECG, pulse oximeter, and blood pressure equipment are standard and oxygen therapy is accessible in the exam rooms.
Delaware's scenic beauty, low taxes and affordable housing make this tiny state a wonderful place to live, work and play. More than 60% of all Fortune 500 companies call Delaware their home. Along with being a very business friendly state, we are also known for our chemical science research, banking, and healthcare research industries. The new Star campus at the University of Delaware also continues to attract young innovative start up tech and green companies and looks to be a hub of resources for many industries of the future. Fresh-air pursuits abound, whether your interests lie in hiking, sailing, bicycling, or exploring miles of picturesque shoreline. The shopping is unparalleled, thanks to some of the region's biggest outlet centers and tax free shopping. Performance arts, cultural attractions, world-class museums, outdoor events, professional sports teams, and national music festivals, along with multiple casinos, equine sports racing tracks and Delaware's world renowned pristine beaches make leisure living immediately accessible. Delaware is also optimally centrally located within a two hour drive of all major metropolitan Mid Atlantic Cities including Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC and New York.Why BluePearl?
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Annual company store allowance.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off, parental leave, and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.