BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital in Cary, NC is seeking a board-certified or residency trained Veterinarian - Cardiologist to join our team!
- Do you have a passion for working with animals and learning new standard methodologies in animal health?
- Are you a dedicated Veterinarian who takes great pride in providing animals with the best possible care?
- Would your peers describe you as respectful, resilient, and a phenomenal teammate?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, then we want to hear from you!
Veterinary Specialty Hospitals of the Carolinas (VSH), a BluePearl Hospital, are a 3-hospital multi-specialty small animal practice composed of five internal medicine specialists, six surgeons, four medical oncologists, one radiation oncologist, three radiologists, and a cardiologist, in addition to our two critical care specialists. We have 24-hour ER services at all three locations staffed by twenty full-time ER doctors and 3 to 4 interns. Our doctors pride themselves on providing expert, timely, collaborative, and compassionate care. Our hospital values a culture of teamwork and offers formal communication training to all our doctors. We believe that the high rate of burnout affecting veterinarians working in E/CC is alarming, and we strive to maintain a good work/life balance for each of our employees.
Emergency service doctors at VSH are responsible for a variety of roles which may include simultaneously or separately: the direct management of patients hospitalized in the ICU, active receiving and care of emergency patients, receiving and work up of same day referral patients from our primary DVMs, and mentoring and overseeing cases of our intern classes. We work closely with and consult specialty services' regarding same day cases to provide our owners and primary DVMs the best options available. Our role also includes providing care to specialty service patients when specialists are not available (nights, weekends, and holidays). We work closely with our primary DVM community to ensure they are part of the patient plan and are informed of care received while the patient is at VSH.Why BluePearl?
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Annual company store allowance.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.