VCA Canada Toronto Veterinary Emergency Hospital is currently recruiting for an Internist, to join our team of highly engaged and professional veterinary professionals. In this role, you will diagnose and manage diseases that affect the internal systems and organs . The successful candidate will understand the importance of collaborating with the pet-owner and the support team to provide the best treatment possible to your patient. You are confident in operating various medical equipment and performing medical procedures related to small animal oncology and you pride yourself on providing expert patient care! Additional qualifications include;
- Board certified or eligible
- Veterinarian degree, DVM
- 1 year minimum performing small animal procedures related to internal medicine; kidney, liver, gastrointestinal tract, endocrine glands, lungs and bone marrow.
- Determining an appropriate course of treatment or therapies
- Managing chemotherapy side effects
- Genuine passion for veterinary medicine and for our furry friends!
- Dedicated to promoting team-based medicine practices
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in working with your colleagues, pet parents and community
- A passion for coaching and mentoring
What VCA Canada Offers
At our core are our people – people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence. VCA Canada offers:
- Comprehensive compensation structures including vacation, membership fees, licensing fees, moving as well as generous CE allowances
- Continuing education benefits
- Exceptional career development
- Benefits including medical/dental, life and disability for eligible employees
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- Professional dues, including licensing fees and monthly VIN membership
- A network of highly educated and skilled professionals
- And more!
VCA Canada Cares
At VCA Canada we treat all companion animals as family members. VCA Canada embraces a culture of giving back to the communities and we actively demonstrate this philosophy through our national philanthropic program, Paw it Forward. Please visit our website to learn more, www.vcacanada.com.