Job Description: VCA Animal Care Center of Sonoma County,
one of our premier 24-hour Emergency and Specialty practices, located in one of the most beautiful parts of the country, Sonoma County, California, is currently looking for a Cardiologist to join our team!
The hospital started as an emergency practice and grew into a well-respected specialty and referral center, moving into our existing 18,000 sq ft facility 15 years ago. The former movie multiplex was completely remodeled to accommodate our large specialty practice with 15 exam rooms and 4 surgical suites. Today, we are a team who pride ourselves on our collaborative approach to patient care and for representing almost all specialties. As you can imagine, a beautiful building with a large and experienced staff also needs some "toys" and VCA ACC does not disappoint: 1.5T MRI, on-site CT, endoscopy and laparoscopy equipment, multiple ultrasounds, 3 O2 cages, fluoroscopy, laser, underwater treadmill and practically every other piece of state-of-the-art equipment you could imagine.
We are particularly proud of our team approach - we strive for a cohesive and collegial relationship with one another and our valued referring veterinarian partners. This is as much a family as it is a place of employment, and we are looking for a Cardiologist with the same approach to practice. There is a plaque that says: "Committed to excellence and exemplary care of pets and their human companions". That is the central theme and fundamental belief of everyone who works here and permeates everything we do.
As far as the surrounding area, you would be hard pressed to find a more beautiful part of the country. With vast green vineyards and pastures as far as the eye can see Sonoma is an outdoorsman/woman's dream. It is just a short drive to swim or surf in the ocean, ski in Tahoe, bike or hike in the mountains, or enjoy all the virtues that San Francisco offers. The area is world renown for delicious food and wine, fresh air, great weather, and beautiful landscape. It really is like no other location.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Well-being
- Innovative associate health and well-being department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation, and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University - offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- VCA Academy's Mentorship Program - participate as a mentee or mentor in a GP or ER setting
- Opportunities to participate in a robust Clinical Studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this job, please contact Kristen Hreczan, Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty, at Kristen.Hreczan@vca.com
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.