Boston West Veterinary Emergency & Surgery is seeking a Medical Director who is looking to take their career to the next level at our 24/7 Emergency and Specialty Referral Hospital in Natick, Massachusetts.
The Medical Director position is a dual role allowing an individual to practice veterinary medicine 50% of the time and handle the oversight of medical operations within the hospital the remainder of the time. The role serves as the hospital clinical leader responsible for organization, coordination, direction, guidance, oversight, and control of the hospital clinical functions, assuring high-quality medicine and an outstanding client experience.
Our Hospital: Boston West is a 10,000-square foot open concept facility equipped with digital radiology, CT and ultrasound, and serves a large and busy group of referring veterinary practices. In addition to our Emergency and Critical Care team, we also have specialists in, surgery, radiology, and anesthesia. Specialists and emergency doctors are supported by an amazing group of technicians, client care coordinators, and management team.
Skills and Qualifications
- A (DVM) degree, or equivalent
- 5+ years of veterinary specialty or emergency medicine experience.
- Ability to become licensed to practice in the state of MA.
- Ability to successfully work in a high-volume, fast-paced hospital and effectively multi-task with a high degree of integrity and accountability and without loss of attention to detail.
- Strong business management skills
- Continually advance medical & surgical skills and knowledge in the appropriate discipline.
- Plan and direct the development, implementation, operation, maintenance, and control of essential medical services.
- Advises on policies and procedures for “best practice” clinical operations and efficient use of staff.
- Accountable for the exemplary delivery of all clinical services to ensure an optimum client experience without compromising profitability.
- Responsible for strategic clinical relationship with referring veterinarians.
- Oversees client medical issues in conjunction with the Hospital Director.
- Works with human resources to recruit, hire, onboard and retain high quality veterinarians.
- Provides clinical mentoring and coaching. Monitors training, continuing education, and development of the clinical team (veterinarians and technicians).
- Provides clinical performance assessments of veterinarians and technical staff members.
- Participates in strategy development & execution for the hospital.
- Ensures medicine is delivered in compliance with federal, state and local regulatory agency requirements.
- Oversee all medical and quality control aspects of the hospital in coordination with the Regional Medical Director and Chief Medical Officer.
- Makes recommendations for improving effectiveness of clinical policies and procedures.
- Helps to prepare and manage the hospital budget.
- Ensures consistent utilization of IT resources to obtain clinical data for research and tracking outcomes.
- Monitors all aspects of medical quality and reports findings to senior management.
The Natick Area: Located less than 15 miles from Boston, Natick is considered part of the Greater Boston Area and is in the MetroWest Region. Natick is the ideal area to live for those who enjoy all four seasons and a variety of outdoor activities. With nearby access to all major highways, you’re never far from what you like: recreation in all seasons, sophisticated amenities, and services, upscale shopping and dining, a range of cultural attractions, and traditional New England town commons.
Boston West is part of the Ethos Veterinary Health network of hospitals, providing our clinicians the opportunity to be part of a larger network of hospitals, but still maintain our distinctive identity. The focus of Ethos is on advancing veterinary medicine, along with providing high quality, compassionate care, which improves the lives of patients and their human companions. Our advancements center around three main areas: Transformative Science, Knowledge, and Collaboration.
Interested candidates can send a letter of interest and their CV to Jill taylor at Jtaylor@ethosvet.com
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.