Internal Medicine Specialist
Internal Medicine Specialists! Tufts Veterinary Emergency Treatment & Specialties (Tufts VETS) in Walpole, MA has something to offer you:
- A hospital that supports the development of your unique brand of skills.
- A collegial group of 14 specialists who work with you: surgery, anesthesiology, diagnostic imaging, ophthalmology, dermatology, cardiology, and oncology. An ECC team consisting of 3 criticalists, 8 experienced full time ER doctors and 6 rotating interns.
- A 25,000-square foot hospital with a large ICU, digital radiography, fluoroscopy, ultrasound, CT, endoscopy, echocardiology suite, blood bank, telemetry, mechanical ventilator, in-house NOVA and IDEXX lab, and two surgery suites, with plans for a 3rd. We are a Level 1 VECCS certified hospital. A newly renovated waiting room has a cats-only area.
- An independently run and managed private, not-for-profit hospital that strives to be efficient and customer service-oriented. This is a unique aspect of our hospital - there is no corporate entity that dictates to us and the doctors’ viewpoints are invited and included in decisions about our model of care delivery.
- For those with related experience and interest, a role in hospital leadership may also be considered.
- You aren’t just a staff member - you are strongly encouraged to participate in communication, coordination, out-of-the-box thinking, resource allocation, problem solving, and setting priorities and goals to achieve the hospital YOU want to work at.
- Qualified, dedicated and compassionate support staff.
- Emphasis on maintaining a work life balance and an aim to create schedules that meet everyone’s personal needs. Paid parental leave.
- An annual total hospital caseload of >24,000 patients and a dedicated base of referring veterinarians.
- Partnership with the teaching hospital of Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University to bring you many resources such as access to the zoom rounds, library consortium, clinical pathology experts, clinical trials collaboration, research resources, IT and video conferencing support, online training, grief resources and so much more.
- A mission that prioritizes the human-animal bond, respect for clients and referring veterinarians, teaching and creation of a positive learning environment for our students, and interns and the value of diversity in our community. We offer Care Credit and a fund for circumstances where a financial challenge limits an otherwise straightforward cure, and we work closely with shelter, rescue and law enforcement/welfare organizations.
- A hospital director who cares about your well-being and development, an operations director who works tirelessly to provide support for you, your clients and your staffing needs, and an experienced business / HR director always considering how to best support employees - so your current and future needs are met.
- The opportunity to shape the future of new DVMs: we host Tufts students and interns on elective and core rotations, including ECC.
- A competitive salary based on experience level with an excellent benefits package including signing/relocation bonus, paid vacation, paid continuing education, memberships and licenses and a 401K program, employee discount, EAP and life insurance.
- A location halfway between Boston and Providence in Walpole, MA, where you can take advantage of the Boston metro area’s rich culture, the beaches of Cape Cod, and the mountains of New England. Some of the best school districts are located in the surrounding neighborhoods.
If you are residency trained, our two internists are from academic backgrounds and would love to mentor you! Please email your CV / resume and expression of interest to Alicia.firstname.lastname@example.org.