BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital, located in Charlestown, MA, is seeking a Veterinarian - Internal Medicine Specialist to join our team. Full-time practice will include a qualified primary technician. Board certification or residency-training in internal medicine is required.
BluePearl Charlestown is a new facility located in a historic building just outside of Boston and has a 24-hour ER service in addition to our board-certified specialists: two surgeons, an anesthesiologist and another internist. We also collaborate with specialists at our partner hospital BluePearl Waltham: Emergency & Critical Care, Surgery, Radiology, Internal Medicine, and Anesthesiology..
You will be joining a motivated and synergistic group of specialists and emergency doctors who work closely to provide the highest quality of care. BluePearl - Charlestown provides a collaborative atmosphere while allowing you to build your service by creating personalized relationships with the primary and pet owning community of Boston. In collaboration with our Waltham location, we are able to provide the opportunity for advancement and leadership opportunities as well as a strong mentorship program.
The 8,500-square-foot hospital has an open treatment space floor plan and is a state-of-the-art facility that opened in 2017. It features sophisticated diagnostic equipment such as a Toshiba Acquilion 64 slice CT, a Phillips EPIQ 5 Diamond Select Ultrasound and Vet Ray Sedecal digital radiograph system, and an OEC 9800 Cardiac C-Arm. Our hospital also has a dissection surgical microscope, Arthrex laparoscopy/thoracoscopy/arthroscopy tower, full array of rigid and flexible endoscopic, brochoscopic, and cystoscopic cameras.
Our Charlestown hospital is a collaborative and fun work environment in a fantastic location. We have a passion for what we do and an abiding affection for the incredible patients and clients we help through difficult times. We promote a culture of learning, and our board-certified anesthesiologist provides training programs for the technicians.
Charlestown, MA is the oldest neighborhood in Boston. It is less than three miles to downtown Boston, Fenway Park, The Freedom Trail, Boston Harbor and is near National Museums. The area boasts great food and culture. Here in New England, we celebrate all four seasons and boast a variety of activities within a short drive-ocean to mountains, theatre to sporting events and everything in between. Boston is close to the Maine seacoast, New Hampshire, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. It is an amazing place to work and play!
Boston offers a wide array of opportunities and has been ranked in one report as the eighth best city in the world in terms of best quality of life.
With our hospital nestled near the heart of the city, you will have access to a broad spectrum of cultural and social events, as well as top notch restaurants. Additionally, Boston is in close proximity to extensive outdoor activities for example skiing, boating, fishing, hiking, and excellent cycling. The school and medical systems in Boston are considered some of the best in the country.Why BluePearl?
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Annual company store allowance.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off, parental leave, and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.