MedVet has an opportunity for a strong Medical Director (MD) at our Commerce, MI hospital. We have achieved accreditation from the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). We provide emergency services 24/7, and our specialty services include Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Neurology & Neurosurgery, and Surgery. Who You are:
What we offer:
- Have demonstrated leadership with a strong track record of success during times of change, transformation and rapid growth.
- Have at least 5-7 years of progressive growth and experience in a veterinary, human hospital, or other healthcare organization.
- Have the capability to effectively manage conflict in highly emotional situations with grace and maturity.
- Board-certified veterinary specialists, experienced ER DVM's, DVM's with military leadership, DVM's with animal health leadership, or DVM's with equivalent experience are ideal.
- Non-DVM's with significant medical leadership experience are also welcomed, including those from human healthcare.
What will you love about Commerce?
- All our doctors have the opportunity to become shareholders!
- We are DVM owned & DVM led - our CEO is a cardiology specialist.
- Being led by veterinarians gives us the freedom to make the best choices for our patients, our clients, our referral partners, our doctors, and our team members.
- All the benefits you expect, plus a Generous Signing Bonus, Competitive Compensation, Student Loan Repayment Program and Paid Parental Leave.
- The support system you need to be successful in the MD role. We are big enough to have centralized medical recruiting, marketing, HR, IT, purchasing, etc.
- We are small enough that we can make decisions and implement change quickly.
Commerce is a bustling suburb with beautiful lakes, golf courses, and Proud Lake State Park. Looking for some excitement? Just a quick drive will get you to Detroit where you can experience a thriving riverfront, professional sports, and a world-class art scene. Since the late 1990s, a renaissance of new housing has started in the Detroit region. From lofts in the Cultural Center, to townhouses near Comerica Park, to single-family residences along the Detroit River, the Detroit region offers a variety of high demand housing at affordable prices. About Medical Directors at MedVet:
We know that hospital leadership is pivotal to our success. We leverage what we call a Dyad Model -- the hospital's MD works collaboratively with the Hospital Director (HD) to lead the Healthcare Team. The MD, who reports to a Regional Medical Director, is the local leader of Medical Services and oversees all specialty and emergency doctors, as well as interns and residents. The MD promotes a culture that supports development of engaged and empowered employees, who deliver the MedVet Experience in a healthy and sustainable manner while living MedVet's core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion.
The MD partners with their dyad HD to improve and sustain MedVet's focus on evaluating, planning, and implementing the delivery of best-in-class healthcare to MedVet patients in support of our mission - Leading Specialty Healthcare for Pets. Successful dyad leadership provides representation of all employees, fosters diversity of thought, and leverages the variable experience and skill of our Medical Services and Clinical Services Teams. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Foster a Culture that supports development of Engaged and Empowered Employees as well as continuous improvement.
- In partnership with the Hospital Director, serves as an overall leader for the hospital, directing both Emergency and Specialty services (Dyad Leadership).
- Lead and direct the Medical Services teams in the hospital, including doctor hiring, doctor onboarding, doctor development, and management of doctor performance issues, partnering with Clinical Services, HR, or other teams as needed. Continually evaluate hiring needs and opportunities for growth of the practice, working in partnership with the Medical Recruiting team.
- Responsible for managing overall department workflows, ensuring that patient care is delivered in an efficient, safe, and compassionate manner.
- Responsible for doctor scheduling, department meetings, and other doctor-facing communications.
- Works with the Hospital Director to ensure the Clinical Services team has the resources and tools to deliver high-quality patient, client, and referral partner experience.
- Works with the Hospital Director to manage overall hospital financial results, including inventory/supplies and other expenses.
- Work collaboratively with the HD, Regional Medical Director (RMD), VP of Clinical services and Finance to Prepare and Manage Hospital Budget and Capital Budget.
- Work with the RMD to Lead Operational Planning efforts and execution for the hospital on an annual basis.
- Ensure Referral Partner relationships are strong and growing by fostering a culture supportive of Referral Partner outreach and CE activities. Ensures that doctors are doing the appropriate referral partner outreach, and coaches them on how to effectively build referral partner relationships so that they can grow their practice.
- Oversee patient care issues, referral partner concerns, and responses to client complaints, personally handling escalated client and referral partner issues. Interacts with regulatory boards as needed.
Come as you are. MedVet is an equal opportunity employer. We are also a drug-free organization; therefore, employment with MedVet is dependent upon the passing of a drug screen and background check.
There are more positions listed at www.medvet.com/careers
. Moving somewhere we don't currently have a posting? We still want to hear from you!
MedVet does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters.