Veterinary Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Group is looking to add a Veterinary Neurologist to their thriving team.
If you have a passion for practicing high level medicine and are seeking a working environment that is exciting and professionally stimulating, we look forward to hearing from you!
Established in 2005, the Veterinary Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Group (VOSM) was the first dedicated orthopedic, sports medicine and rehab specialty practice in the country. Since that time, we have continued to significantly grow and are currently looking for an additional veterinary orthopedic surgeon who is board-certified by the American College of Veterinary Surgeons (or residency trained) and has a passion for orthopedics, regenerative medicine, sports medicine and rehabilitation.
Our referral base spans the mid-Atlantic region and we routinely receive surgical referrals from across the country – as well as international. Our caseload includes a major emphasis on working and sporting dogs, as well companions. We have a strong presence in the national and international performance dog communities. In the Baltimore-Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, we are known as the provider-of-choice for veterinarians seeking orthopedic treatment for their own pets and we receive referrals from other boarded surgeons and specialists in the area.
Our facility is equipped with substantial orthopedic instrumentation and equipment for internal and external fixation. According to Bio Medtrix, we have one of the most active total hip replacement programs in the country.
We have an onsite 1.5 Tesla MRI, diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound and two digital radiology suites. Within the facility is also a spine center dedicated to neurology and neurosurgery.
Candidates interested in research and teaching should also consider VOSM; we are constantly engaged in clinical trials, journal reviews and are frequently called upon to lecture and teach workshops on orthopedic, sports medicine and canine rehab all over the country and abroad.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Board certification in Neurology, or residency-trained.
- Values integrity, exhibits superior communication, displays excellent client service + patient care
- Strong skill set to not only practice outstanding medicine, but also build and foster a strong team
- Works collaboratively with referral partners as well as VOSM's in-hospital teams.
- Confident in basic and advanced neurological diagnostics and surgical procedures
Veterinary Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Group is part of Thrive Pet Healthcare and proud to offer industry-leading support for our team members:
- $150k sign on bonus option
- Competitive Compensation
- No Negative Accrual
- Veterinary Incentive Plan (VIP)
- Relocation Assistance Package
- Health benefits (vision/dental/life insurance too)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Thoughtful paid purr-ental leave
- Annual CE Stipend and more!
- 401k w/ employer match
- Annual Paid Time Off
- Additional family & furry care support options, including veterinary care discounts.
You take GREAT care of Animals. We take GREAT care of YOU!
Apply today through the link or reach out directly to Tracy Skellen - firstname.lastname@example.org
At Thrive Pet Healthcare we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.