Are you an experienced Specialty or Emergency Veterinarian looking for a dynamic leadership role, as Medical Director of a thriving Specialty/ER hospital? This position can be a blend of administrative and clinical work, with the initial couple of years emphasizing the former. Join this great team and earn a Generous Signing Bonus!
At South Carolina Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Care in beautiful Columbia, SC, we strive to provide the highest quality and most compassionate care available to our community. We are a comprehensive team of board-certified Veterinary Specialists, Emergency Doctors, Interns, highly trained Veterinary Technicians, Assistants, and Client Service Representatives all dedicated to animals in need of advanced medical expertise. Our collaborative team includes specialists in Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Oncology, as well as a strong and mature ER service.
Doctors are supported by a fabulous and committed group of dedicated technicians, client care coordinators, and management team with many years of veterinary medicine experience.
We're fortunate to have...
- A busy location with appreciative clients
- An educated and compassionate support team, and
- Amazing benefits and growth opportunities
South Carolina Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Care has joined forces with Thrive Pet Healthcare to support our clinicians while allowing our hospital to maintain our own individual culture and to practice medicine that makes sense for our clinicians and patients. Together as a team, our doctors decide how we practice and are welcome to develop and/or update medical protocols for our hospital.
The Medical Director supports the team with their growth and success. In this role we seek a(n):
- Experienced veterinarian - minimum 3 years in either Emergency or Specialty medicine
- Compassionate individual, dedicated to team-building and incredible client service
- Person who enjoys developing referring veterinarian relationships
- Partner with the Practice Manager and Support office on recruiting, interviewing, hiring and supporting stellar veterinarians.
- Director who is involved in budgetary decisions regarding inventory, products, and staff training / planning
- Person comfortable with coaching, issuing performance improvement plans and disciplinary action
- Collaborator with the Regional Operations team to support & implement initiatives and policies
- Leader of the doctor team, hosting regular meetings and assisting with scheduling as needed
- Person who can attend all operational meetings and workshops (some travel required)
- Commitment to our core values, high emotional intelligence, and clear and respectful communication
South Carolina Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Care is proud to offer industry-leading support for our team members:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous Signing Bonus!
- Veterinary Incentive Plan (VIP)
- Relocation Assistance Package
- Health benefits (vision/dental/life insurance too)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Annual CE Stipend and more!
- 401k w/ employer match
- Annual Paid Time Off
- Additional family & furry care support options, including veterinary care discounts.
Located in beautiful Columbia, in the heart of South Carolina, where tradition and tomorrow pair perfectly. This modern city blends with centuries-old sites and historical attractions with fantastic shopping, food and tons to see and do year-round. It's the real Southern hot spot that will leave you looking forward to what's next.
You take great care of Animals. We take great care of YOU!
For more information about this exciting opportunity, contact Jennifer Hall - Specialtyrecruiting@thrivevet.com
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.