Job Description: VCA Animal Specialty and Emergency Center (ASEC)
is seeking a board certified or residency trained Internist
to join our team of specialists that include internal medicine, surgery, cardiology, radiology, oncology, and critical care. We offer exceptional service for our clients and our referring veterinarians, and promote a team mentality with a supportive work environment.
We commonly perform gastroduodenoscopy/colonoscopy, cystoscopy, rhinoscopy, laparoscopy, and bronchoscopy and perform various interventional procedures, as well, including tracheal and urethral stents, laser ablation of ectopic ureters, and laser lithotripsy. Applicants should have a strong background in various scoping procedures, as we have a wide array of both flexible and rigid endoscopes, as well as a holmium Yag laser and fluoroscopy.
We are interested in applicants with an interest in teaching, as we have a very strong rotating internship program, internal medicine specialty interns, as well as visiting extern students.
VCA ASEC is just 15 minutes from the beaches, 20 minutes from hiking trails, and 90 minutes from winter skiing. The weather is outstanding with over 300 sunny days a year so there are plenty of recreational opportunities to enjoy when you are away from the hospital.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 50% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty at email@example.com or 760-891-9903.
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.