To quote a current emergency doctor “In comparison to previous experiences, this place is like a warm family hug!”
The Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center (VREC) is currently seeking an additional small animal internist(s) to join our great family; new graduates strongly encouraged to apply. An ideal candidate is a motivated, good-humored, compassionate clinician with excellent communication skills, and the desire to practice advanced medicine.
We don't agree that Veterinarians need to be either a superhero or a complete failure. We provide our doctors a steady and secure schedule and environment so you do what is important, meaningful and allows you to take care of yourself too!
As an example of our diligence and care, we have remained functioning during COVID and elected to close the doors to our emergency service on a scheduled basis, as opposed to overextending our staff. As a collective we care for one another as colleagues and family, and the community knows we intend to participate in a marathon, not a sprint - we are an established and well-known facility with wonderful referring veterinary and community support.
We are looking for long term members and are hiring those who view their career as more than just a "job". We believe in work flexibility and understand that life happens, change is everywhere, and it is important to always grow as a whole. You will be a part of a diverse team that is more like a family and works as one cohesive unit to ensure a better life for all staff, patients, and clients. We are a hospital who wants individuals to be themselves, and allow them to do their best every day! We have staff who have been with us since the hospital opening, and some who came to work with us because of previous work experiences together - this says a lot about us as a family and team! Call and talk to any staff member about what it's like to be part of VREC!
Create the Internal Medicine Service you want! We currently want to hire additional internist(s) to create a well-rounded team, allowing for an even more enhanced quality life, balanced with high compensation. Yes, the more the merrier, because every staff member is family and an integral part of the team!
While there is an immense amount we can't list, we would be more than pleased to discuss our culture, philosophy and position.
- WHAT DO YOU WANT YOUR EXPERIENCES TO BE?
- Career pays for your life - not the other way around
- Benefits that match your values
- Culture and Loyalty
- Private managed hospital
- Exclusive focus on specialty and emergency medicine; no primary care
- Social, supportive, positive environment
- We are a family and part of the community
- Mentorship (ours is real!)
- Grow and learn with us
- Your CE is separate from your vacation time
- Participate in technician internships and veterinary technician, and veterinary student externships
- Work with other Experienced Internist, Surgeons, Emergency Clinicians, Cardiologist, experienced licensed technicians, and dedicated support staff, all committed to excellence, teaching and learning
- Substantial signing bonus
- Tuition reimbursement/assistance
- Moving expenses
- 401K with MATCH
- Access to a financial advisor
- BUY-IN POTENTIAL
- Prioritize your time
- Flexible scheduling
- Paid parental leave
- Full benefits package
- Medical, dental, optical, disability, continuing education
- Social impact – Purpose-driven
- VREC Angel Fund provides financial assistance
- Prevents compassion fatigue for staff
- Provides community service
- Free care provided to service dogs
- Discounted care for service individuals’ pets
- Affiliations and discounts for with multiple rescue organizations
- WHAT WE WANT TO SHARE WITH YOU
- Offers metropolitan, urban and rural living
- Low cost of living
- Dollar covers more expenses
- Large discretionary income
- Doctors who left huge metro (Chicago, Boston, NYC, SF) areas will tell you they have more money to spend now!
- Prestigious, sought after, blue-ribbon schools
- 19 colleges
- Culture and Nightlife
- Over 28 “essential” restaurants
- Bars and clubs
- Cultural center receives first wave, off-Broadway shows
- Sports and outdoor activity
- Penguins hockey
- New York Yankees – Rail Riders
- Minor leagues
- Ski resorts - Local Elk Mountain, 4 hours to Killington or 6 hours to Stowe
- Hiking, camping, kayaking, whitewater rafting, climbing, bicycling
- Small center of the universe – where do you want to go?
- Drive – day trips and weekend outings
- 1 1/2 hours to Manhattan or Philadelphia
- 4 hours to Washington DC or Boston
- 5 hours to Vermont skiing
- Fly - access to local, regional and international airports
- 3 hours to Miami
- 4 hours to the Caribbean
- 6 hours to West Coast
- 7 hours to London or Paris
- 8 hours to Rome or Berlin
- Established, growing hospital
- Currently hiring to include, oncology, dermatology, ophthalmology, neurology, and other specialties
- Currently planning a building expansion
- Perform your best every day
- Monitoring equipment, in-house labs, digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, mechanical ventilator, telemetry and complete nuclear medicine capabilities including I-131, blood donor program.
- The only 24/7/365 MRI in the northeast, outside of Cleveland
- Receive and work closely with many referral hospitals and University teaching hospitals.
- Currently providing emergency, internal medicine, surgery, rehabilitation, exotics, neurology, cardiology, and nuclear medicine services.
- Dedicated radiologists available for consultation
- Great community in South Abington Twp., PA
To submit a CV or for more information please contact Dr. Nichole Danova at Danova@vrecpa.com
Website and social media - facebook and instagram all under "vrecpa"
View our recruitment video: youtube.com/watch?v=6E7Gbn1UhIg&feature=youtu.be