Job Description: The Animal Diagnostic Clinic (Plano location)
, a leading VCA specialty practice serving the North Texas
metropolitan areas, is seeking to add a board certified or residency-trained Veterinary Internist
to join our talented team.
As a VCA hospital, ADC Plano is part of the nation's largest and most experienced network of veterinary specialty medicine hospitals and is a leader in the fields of Small Animal Internal Medicine, Medical Cardiology, Critical Care, and Medical and Radiation Oncology in North Texas. ADC i s the oldest and most established internal medicine practice in the DFW Metroplex. Our mission at The Animal Diagnostic Clinic is simple: provide area veterinarians, their clients, and their pets with the highest quality diagnostic and therapeutic care while maintaining a supportive and collegial environment for its specialists and technical staff. With this goal in mind, the practice is proud of the reputation it has in the veterinary community. We are known for our collaborative culture, strong sense of teamwork, and emphasis on communication and inclusion of our referring primary care veterinarians.
Using the most sophisticated state-of-the-art equipment, we strive to fulfill our mission of providing the highest quality care. Our clinicians enjoy a full array of diagnostic laboratory support, multiple digital radiography suites, on-site helical CT capabilities, flexible and rigid endoscopy equipment, dedicated ultrasound units ( GE Loqiq E10 R2 Vet Console) and a fully staffed ICU with telemetry overseen by a overnight/weekend DVM hospitalists .
A strong dedication to the human element is necessary to make this state-of-the-art facility an ongoing success. Our team operates with an elevated sense of professionalism and collaboration to create an atmosphere of support for one another. We also have a profound sense of responsibility and compassion for both our primary care colleagues and our shared patients. We are looking for an Internal Medicine candidate that shares these qualities and who desires to blend their clinical skills with a culture of caring responsibility.
The Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex is the nation's 4th most populous metropolitan area and The Animal Diagnostic Clinic enjoys a generous caseload in terms of volume (annually exceeding over 1500 new cases/year) variety, scope, and complexity. The long standing caseload provides an excellent opportunity for both new and seasoned internists alike. The city of Dallas is considered a gem of the southwest United States with many area attractions including multiple professional sports teams, the Downtown Arts District, and numerous opportunities for outdoor activities at our many large lakes and nearby state parks. Of course, being the heart of the Southwest, Dallas embraces its heritage: Barbecue, Tex-Mex cuisine, and cowboy history is evident wherever you go. These aspects enhance a modern-day cultural hub and lend a distinctive feel and flavor to life here in the DFW area. Our city is comprised of all walks of life, lifestyles, and cultural identities. Whatever your passions may be, you are certain to find the opportunity to explore them to the fullest.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-891-9903.
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.