VCA Canada Central Victoria Veterinary Hospital in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia, Canada is hiring a full time, Board Certified Internist to join our 24 hour, specialty and emergency animal hospital. With technologies like computed tomography, in-house labs, digital radiography, ultrasound, and video endoscopy, you will have every tool necessary to provide high quality care for the pets and clients you serve. Our specialist doctors utilize their passion, experience and expertise as a part of a high performing specialist team. Join our surgeon, radiologist and oncologists at the only emergency and specialty referral hospital on Vancouver Island.
As our ideal Candidate, you have:
- Completed a formal residency program in internal medicine and are either Board Certified or eligible to take the certifying examination in Internal Medicine.
- A valid Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, enabling practice in Canada
- A positive and collegial personality, strong communication skills, and enjoy interacting with other specialists and emergency doctors
- Excellent diagnostic and surgical skills
- Exemplary customer service that builds loyalty and trust with your clients
- Strong organizational skills which allow you to stay focused and work under pressure
As member of VCA Canada we can offer:
- Career growth opportunities to hold key leadership positions
- CE opportunities with access to annual VCA Canada conferences, seminars and generous CE allowance
- Networking, collaboration and knowledge exchange with veterinarians within our hospitals
- Interactive learning through online university (Woof U!)
- Continued investments in new technologies, advanced diagnostics, and modern facilities
- Active research studies for publication and industry growth
- Great work-life balance, competitive wages, pet and veterinary discounts and group benefits
For more information, please contact Lisa Hallsworth at Lisa.firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on who we are, what we do, Paw It Forward and opportunities with VCA Canada, please visit us online at vcacanada.com or https://vcacanada.com/centralvictoria
VCA is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance please let us know.
Benefits: Additionally, we offer a generous compensation package including health and dental insurance, paid vacation, employee discounts, CE, and more.