Job Description: VCA SouthPaws Veterinary Specialist and Emergency Center
, a 24 year- established multi-specialty and emergency hospital in Northern Virginia, is seeking a board certified or residency-trained veterinary Neurologist
to join our busy Neurology/Neurosurgery department.
We pride ourselves on our collaborative and collegial work environment at SouthPaws.
In addition to excellent pay and benefits packages, SouthPaws also offers:
- An reputation for multimodality, full-service diagnostic and therapeutic neurology services.
- Full time Surgery, Internal medicine, Oncology, Radiology, Ophthalmology, Critical Care, Dermatology, and Physical Therapy specialists to help provide multimodality patient care and support.
- Dedicated and trained neurology nursing staff and client care coordinator.
- 3D Spiral CT, digital radiography, fluoroscopy, ultrasound, and MRI all available in-house.
- A total of 24 exam rooms.
- Rapid in-house lab machines (CBC, chemistry, electrolyte, coag monitors and more) for quick service to outpatients and inpatients.
- Opportunities to teach and mentor with our active internship program (6 annually), as well as frequent vet student externs, and RDVM continuing education programs.
- 24/7/365 support from our CritiCare Department to facilitate overnight/weekend patient care, urgent referrals, and critical care patient needs.
We'd be delighted to talk with you about your future at VCA SouthPaws!
VCA SouthPaws is located in Fairfax County, Virginia, offering outstanding quality of life for singles and for families, including public schools that are ranked among the best in the country and numerous, prestigious universities nearby. In addition to an educated, affluent population with the country's strongest economy and career opportunities for spouses, the area offers exciting and vibrant nightlife, trend-setting restaurants; cultural, historical and international events unique to Washington, D.C. With four distinct seasons and a varied geography, our region offers the best of all worlds: Hiking, golfing, rafting, skiing, sailing, beaches, rock climbing and most every other sport or activity can be found at most a short drive away.
For additional information, click here: https://www.vcacareers.com/about-us
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- Innovative associate health and wellbeing department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a peer network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this job, please contact Kristen Hreczan, Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty, at firstname.lastname@example.org
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.