We strive to be different than the rest. Here’s how we do it...
- Generous Sign-On and Relocation Bonus
- Just a little something to get you started:)
- Privately Owned by Industry Professionals
- CVETS was born out of a passion to create a vibrant and modern veterinary hospital that could provide the highest level of medicine, and create a pleasant and fulfilling environment for our team. Our hospital was founded by husband and wife team Dr. Mike Schlicksup (DACVS), and Dr. Tracy Schlicksup (DABVP). Dr. Mike works as one of our surgeons, and Dr. Tracy leads our emergency team. CVETS provides 24- hour emergency care and has 11 specialty services. Last year, we broke ground on a hospital expansion and upon completion, our hospital will be approximately 30,000 square feet. You can expect to work shoulder-to-shoulder with the leaders of our hospital so you are constantly seen, heard, and valued directly by those directly at the top.
- As a part of the CVETS Oncology team, you’ll be working directly under our two board-certified Oncologists. Both doctors have a tremendous amount of experience in the field of oncology and can help you further your knowledge and skills as a veterinary technician. Trust us when we say, you’ll be working under the best of the best!
Watch our video: https://youtu.be/27LVTxt3-Zc
- Collaborative Team Structures
- Southern hospitality is very much a real thing in South Carolina. Our team works together like a well-oiled machine, and our nurses understand when one person succeeds, everyone succeeds. You’ll never be left on your own to figure something out or learn by fire. From the start, we will get you set up for success and integrated into the CVETS family from the minute you walk into the building.
- Industry-Leading Compensation & Frequent Celebration
- We understand that those who decide to pursue a career in veterinary medicine dedicate a large majority of their life to serving others. That’s why we have made it our absolute mission to pay ALL of our employees a livable wage. Several of our positions are compensated with industry-leading wages because we are always looking to provide for the well-being of our team members. We see the continuous hard work and dedication that our team provides and we want you to be able to live a full and happy life both inside and outside of work. Plus, we love any excuse to celebrate our team members. Whether it’s Vet Tech week, CSR week, someone’s birthday, someone got married, or maybe it’s just a Wednesday and we’re craving chocolate...we love any excuse to order food and eat cake...just saying.
- Working Smarter Not Harder: State-of-the-Art Technology
- As a part of the CVETS Oncology team, you’ll get to experience working in a state-of-the-art chemotherapy administration suite. We pride ourselves in being able to provide treatments with the most-advanced technology on the market, so you can expect to get your hands on the latest and greatest!
- Also, stained paper records and bad hand-writing...no thank you. Our hospital design was structured around the use of our technology systems to ensure that we operate as efficiently as possible. We utilize a SmartFlow system for patient status and monitoring, and all of our records are done through EzyVet. This makes organization and patient care for our hospital easier.
- Better Benefits
- Tell us about your goals and we will help you accomplish them! We value our Onco team tremendously and we want you to love your life in SC! Below is a list of benefits that we offer to help you do just that.
- Industry-leading sign-on bonus and relocation packages are available
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k retirement plan with match
- Discounted pet care
- Frequent continuing education opportunities
- Reimbursement of liability, licenses, and specialty dues
- About the Columbia Area
- Prime Location: CVETS is located in Columbia, SC which is South Carolina’s capital city. Columbia was ranked in the “Top 50 Best Places to Live” by US News and World Report for good reason. Columbia is home to many fabulous local restaurants, breweries, museums, and nightlife. Go kayaking on the rapids of the Saluda River, check out local artwork at the world-class Columbia Museum of Art, and try out the craft beer at some of Columbia’s breweries to get the full experience.
- Features of Columbia, SC:
- Trendy Restaurants and Breweries
- Excellent Schools and Universities
- Warm Weather
- Day Trips for Days: Columbia is only a 1.5-hour drive from the historic city of Charleston, South Carolina. Charleston, known as The Holy City, is known for its history, seafood restaurants, shopping, and romantic appeal. If you’re thinking about a mountain weekend, Lexington/West Columbia is only a 2.5 hour drive away from Asheville, NC. There you can check out the beautiful blue ridge mountains, see the Biltmore Estate, and enjoy lots of craft beer at Asheville’s famous breweries.
Want to take a vacation to SC? Our door is always open!
- Quite literally, yes, our door is always open because we’re a 24-hour ER...but in a figurative sense, we’re always open to visitors who would like to see our hospital. You can meet directly with our Chief Operations Officer who is always happy to give tours and talk future opportunities at our hospital. We’d love to see you at CVETS:)
Interested candidates are welcome to email our Chief Operations Officer, Janice Clarke Godfrey, at email@example.com or call 703-635-4925.