Job Description: VCA Animal Referral and Emergency Center of Arizona (ARECA)
in Mesa, Arizona is seeking a residency trained or board certified Cardiologist
to join our 24-hour emergency and multi-specialty practice serving the Phoenix Metropolitan area. With our large base of referring doctors, referrals from our own specialists, plus the support of VCA hospitals in the area, you will be a part of a very busy, exciting and interesting caseload.
Competitive salary, commission, and signing bonus offered!
VCA ARECA, an AAHA-accredited, multi-doctor, 24-hour emergency/specialty practice, is one of the top veterinary specialty centers in the Southwest, with a strong clinical caseload and a longstanding reputation for excellence. Our current veterinary roster includes Surgery, Internal Medicine, Critical Care, Diagnostic Imaging, Neurology, Oncology, Emergency Services, rotating interns, specialty interns, and a surgical resident.
Our state-of-the-art, 18,000 sq. ft. facility features a newly renovated 34 bed ICU with 2 Snyder oxygen cages, Newport E360 critical care ventilator, renovated isolation unit, 12 patient telemetry system, several multi-parameter monitors and a dedicated ICU staff in addition to a high-quality ER support team. Additional equipment available includes two Sound/Eklin DR systems, 64-slice CT, 1.5 Tesla MRI, Logiq 9 US, DRE monitors, Storz Video Endoscopy, 3 Operating Theaters & C-arm fluoroscopy in a newly designed minimally invasive surgical suite.
Mesa is the third-largest city in Arizona and the nation's 38th-largest city. The City provides the advantages of a thriving metropolis while maintaining the feel of a suburban environment. The Phoenix/Mesa area is also home to year-round professional baseball, as well as professional football, basketball, and hockey teams. You can reach the Red Rocks of Sedona in 90 minutes, the cool pines of Flagstaff and the White Mountains in 3 hours, the majesty of the Grand Canyon in 4 hours, and the beaches of Mexico or San Diego in 6 hours.
For additional information, visit VCA Careers- About us.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- Innovative associate health and wellbeing department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a peer network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this job, please contact Kristen Hreczan, Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty, at K email@example.com
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.