VCA Canada Alta Vista Animal Hospital in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada is seeking a Board-eligible or Board-certified Veterinary Internist (permanent, full-time) to join our specialty team.
We are a busy and growing multidisciplinary hospital with a 24-hour Emergency Service, General Practice and a team of six experienced specialists including, Internal Medicine, Critical Care, Dermatology, Cardiology, Oncology and Ophthalmology.
We are located 20 minutes south of the vibrant downtown Ottawa Market. As Canada’s capital, Ottawa is the perfect place to experience some of the country’s best attractions, celebrations and flavours.
You can tour iconic Parliament Hill, visit many of the country’s national museums, and take an epic paddle, cruise or skate on the Rideau Canal—a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Around every corner on both the Ontario and Quebec sides of the Ottawa River, lively neighbourhoods beckon you with tasty craft beer, fresh local food and unique shopping experiences.
Pristine outdoor spaces within the city and in the nearby countryside offer a bounty of activities including cycling, rafting, hiking and skiing. And no matter the season, events like Winterlude, the Canadian Tulip Festival and Bluesfest fill the city with excitement and beauty.
We operate out of a 24,500 square foot facility. We have a large referring veterinarian community of over 300 General practice and Emergency hospitals referring a challenging and diverse caseload. We have a great group of veterinarians who support each other and work collaboratively as a team.
A full suite of on-site diagnostic imaging includes a Toshiba Aquilion 64 slice CT, .25T Vet MR MRI, Pulsera Fluoroscopy unit, Philips ultrasound and echocardiogram, Karl Storz endoscope and two Sound digital radiograph suites.
As our ideal Candidate, you have:
- A valid DVM degree or equivalent, enabling practice in Canada.
- Candidates must be board-certified (ECVIM, ACVIM) or residency trained (and eligible to sit for board examination) in Internal Medicine.
- License in Ontario or eligibility to be licensed with the CVO.
- Leadership skills combined with a positive team player attitude to enable our teams to flourish.
- Excellent diagnostic and critical care skills with expertise in ventilation.
- Exemplary customer service that builds loyalty and trust with your clients.
- Organizational skills which allow you to stay focused and work under pressure.
- The drive and ability to help train and mentor interns and technicians.
VCA is Canada’s largest network of companion animal hospitals, devoted to providing compassionate care for pets. Our team of over 2500 people operate specialty-referral, primary care, alternative therapy and emergency hospitals and are committed to providing superior patient care and client experience. At our core are our people, people we think of as family. Our different strengths and interests enrich and improve us with diversity, innovation and excellence. In support we are national leaders in career development and growth opportunities, continuing education, scholarships and awards. We are also passionate about giving back to the community through Paw It Forward, our national philanthropic program.
As a member of VCA, we can offer:
- CE opportunities with access to annual VCA conferences, seminars and CE allowance.
- Networking, collaboration and knowledge exchange with other veterinarians within our practices.
- Continued investments in new technologies, advanced diagnostics, and modern facilities.
- A commitment to give back through initiatives such as Paw it Forward and Pet Pantry.
- Active research studies for publication and industry growth.
Additionally, VCA Alta Vista Animal Hospital offers a comprehensive compensation package, including a competitive guaranteed base salary plus commission, health and dental benefits, continuing education time and allowance, paid vacation, 12 days of paid sick leave per year, statutory holidays, a generous signing bonus and moving allowance. For more information, please visit our website at www.vcacanada.com/altavista
Please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter to Jason Kill, Hospital Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)