Job Description: VCA Alameda East Veterinary Hospital
is seeking a Cardiologist to join our team. In this position you will use your superior medical judgment combined with a high level of empathy, confidence and humility to build a loyal client base and heal pets.
Alameda East is a large, AAHA accredited, 24-hour specialty and general practice hospital in beautiful Denver, Colorado. Our specialties include Anesthesiology/Pain Management, Internal Medicine, Oncology, Surgery, Dermatology, Radiology, Rehabilitation, Neurology, and Cardiology. Our hospital is equipped with a 1.5 Tesla MRI unit on-site, 64-slice CT with 3D reconstruction, digital radiography, GE ultrasound unit, digital fluoroscopy, anesthesia/critical care support, and more. We are committed to a diverse and positive work environment with the highest standard of patient care, client care and staff satisfaction.
Boasting an elevation of 5,280 feet, one mile above sea level, Denver is the Mile High City! It's the gateway to the Rocky Mountains, where you can navigate the city by locating the hazy blue peaks off to the west. A 20 minute drive will get you to the foothills, beautiful in themselves, and in an hour you can be among the majestic, snow-capped granite peaks of the continent's largest mountain range. The Denver area has experienced a boost in population through the past 10 years, with many young residents settling in to enjoy good nightlife, including lots of local breweries, music from indie rock to country, and an increasingly cutting-edge food scene. Denver's culture could be described as "city mountain west," combining the best of urban excitement, the great outdoors, and western independence. It's no wonder it rates as the second-best place to live in the United States, according to U.S. News & World Report (2019). Rounding out the list of lifestyle perks, Denver ranked third in Rover's list of dog-friendly cities in 2019 and is known for being an exceptionally pet friendly place. Where else would you want to live?
The base salary range for this position is $165,000 to $180,000 to start and is negotiable based on a candidate's experience, credentials, skillset, education, and other factors. This position may also be eligible for 23% to 25% in production/commission, and other variable pay programs.
For additional information, click here: https://www.vcacareers.com/about-us .
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- Innovative associate health and wellbeing department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a peer network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this job, please contact Kristen Hreczan, Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty, at Kristen.email@example.com
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.