Job Description: VCA Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center of Westbury
is seeking a veterinary Neurologist to join our 24-hour emergency/critical care and specialty referral practice.
Long Island is a great place to live and work. It has all the charms of a rural community, the support network of the suburbs, and the perks of being a short drive to Manhattan. Close to the beaches, close to nature, and close to the city. In addition to major and minor sporting events, just about any outdoor activity can be had here, from hiking, biking, horseback riding to boating, fishing, swimming to apple and pumpkin picking! Long Islands communities are very diverse- if you are looking for a small town, a large town, a close knit village or an apartment complex with amenities you will have no problem finding a place to suite your wants and needs.
We're continually on the lookout for exceptional team members who share our dedication to making a difference, not just a living. We strive to provide outstanding patient care, empathetic communication with pet owners, and to work as a true partner with our referring community.
Collaboration is the hallmark of our culture at VREC Westbury, and our doctors consult with each other throughout the day to ensure that each patient has access to whatever care is needed. It's also the foundation of our commitment to delivering excellent service to our clients and referring veterinarians. We are invested in development and growth and preferred candidates should enjoy learning new things while being able to teach interns, technicians, DVMs and the community.
Candidates must be positive, motivated and possess vision to help develop their department. The hospital team meets frequently and your ideas and suggestions are encouraged to help us continue to grow. Our team takes pride in fostering an atmosphere of mutual respect and recognition while being adaptable, goal driven and engaged. We work hard to protect our culture and assure we hire associates that are going to have the determination to rise above obstacles, wear multiple hats and work as a team. We are a very busy hospital with a heavy case load but we like to have fun at work; don't be surprised to find the Medical Director setting up a scavenger hunt and the manager firing up the grill in the backyard. Be prepared for some friendly competition and a lot of laughs during our annual Spirit Week event. If you're ready to work hard, see exciting cases and have fun, we are the hospital for you!
For additional information, click here: https://www.vcacareers.com/about-us
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- Innovative associate health and wellbeing department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a peer network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this job, please contact Kristen Hreczan, Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty, at firstname.lastname@example.org
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.