Are you an experienced Specialty or Emergency Veterinarian that's looking for a dynamic leadership role as Medical Director of a great community hospital, the first Veterinary Specialty Hospital to Salt Lake in fact! Signing Bonus also available.
Join our collaborative team in providing clinical services and support to our community. We are a dynamic multi-specialty and 24/7 ER group looking for someone who shares our passion for delivering excellent medicine as well as developing and nurturing relationships with our veterinary community.
Advanced Veterinary Care was established in 2008 as the first specialty practice in Salt Lake City. Our VECCS Level I Certified, spacious facility offers MRI, digital radiography, ultrasounds, laparoscopy/endoscopy, an in-house blood bank, and a CE conference room for in house training and meetings. Our services include Emergency, Critical Care, Surgery, Ophthalmology, Cardiology, Oncology and Dermatology.
Doctors are supported by a fantastic group of dedicated technicians, client care coordinators, and a management team with many years of veterinary medicine experience.
We're fortunate to have...
- A busy location with appreciative clients
- An educated and compassionate support team, and
- Excellent benefits and growth opportunities
Advanced Veterinary Care has joined forces with Thrive Pet Healthcare to support our clinicians while allowing our hospital to maintain our own individual culture and to practice medicine that makes sense for our clinicians and patients. Together as a team, our doctors decide how we practice and are welcome to develop and/or update our hospital's medical protocols.
The Medical Director is a working part of the team, and in this role, we seek:
- Excellent diagnostic capabilities
- Compassionate individual, dedicated to client and patient care
- Outstanding referring veterinarian communicator
- Partnership with the Practice Manager and Support Office on recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of veterinarians.
- Involvement in budgetary decisions regarding inventory, products, and staff labor
- Comfort with coaching, issuing performance improvement plans, and disciplinary action
- Collaboration with Regional Operations team and support initiatives and policies
- Scheduling for the doctor team and to assist leads with their team schedules if needed
- A person to plan & lead regular doctor team meetings
- Attendance in all operational meetings and workshops (some travel required)
- Commitment to core values and coaching of other team members as well
- High emotional intelligence and comfort delivering regular performance evaluations for doctors and leadership team
Advanced Veterinary Care is part of Thrive Pet Healthcare and proud to offer industry-leading support for our team members:
- Competitive compensation
- Veterinarian Incentive Plan(VIP)
- Relocation Assistance Package
- Health benefits (vision/dental/life insurance too)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Annual CE Stipend and more!
- 401k w/ employer match
- Annual Paid Time Off
- Additional family & furry care support options, including veterinary care discounts.
We are in the heart of Salt Lake City in the foothills of the beautiful Wasatch Mountains. Utah offers world-renowned outdoor activities, with all 4 seasons, each offering their own activities, such as rock climbing, hiking, skiing, and snowboarding. Salt Lake City is known for its beautiful mountains and friendly people; it is also affordable, clean, and ever-growing, making it a great place to call home.
You take great care of Animals. We take great care of YOU!
For more information about this exciting opportunity, contact Ember Hough - email@example.com
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.