Powers is seeking a Medical Director to join their Specialty practice in Colorado Springs, CO.
Powers Pet Emergency and Specialty is an AAHA-accredited Specialty and 24-hour Emergency practice. Our hospital is anchored by skilled Emergency doctors in addition to specialists in Cardiology, Radiology, Surgery, and Rehabilitation. We also are licensed for Radiation therapies. We offer a collaborative team approach and access to the most advanced diagnostic and treatment options in southern Colorado. Doctors are supported by an amazing group of dedicated technicians, client care coordinators, and a management team with many years of veterinary medicine experience. This area also has an incredible ecosystem of partner hospitals, that work together to support the full scope of needs of our pet patients, pet parents, and our own team members.
To lead our collaborative team, we are seeking a Medical Director to:
· A specialty veterinarian with 3 years or more experience in a Specialty & ER hospital
· A commitment to building and nurturing trusted relationships with our on-site and referring veterinarians.
· Effectively conveys the vision and mission of NVA Compassion-First
· Compassionate individual, dedicated to the client and patient care.
· Able to foster a work environment of teamwork and emotional intelligence.
· Partnership with the Hospital Director on recruiting, interviewing, and hiring veterinarians.
· Involvement in budgetary decisions regarding inventory, products, and staff labor.
· Comfort with coaching, developing performance improvement plans, and disciplinary action
· Participates in the Medical Directors Advancement Council to facilitate collaboration and sharing of best medical practices across the NVA Compassion-First Network
· Experience and comfort in scheduling meetings & clinical time for the doctor team and assisting leads with their team schedules if needed.
· Attendance in all operational meetings
The Colorado Springs area is home to Pikes Peak, the inspiration for America the Beautiful, and the most spectacular mountain in the country. Garden of the Gods is gorgeous! We are home to the US Olympic Training Center, Space Foundation Headquarters and Discovery Center, US Air Force Academy, and so many more special places making it a spectacular place to call home – not just vacation. For outdoor enthusiasts, we are only a quick two-hour drive away from world-class skiing, hiking, running, and biking trails right in our backyard. US News has recently ranked Colorado Springs as the #1 “Most Desired Places To Live.” A short hour drive to Denver allows easy access to "big city life".
Competitive salaries, excellent benefits, assistance with CO licensure, and a significant signing bonus.
To explore this opportunity further email Jackie Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org
NVA Compassion-First is a community of more than 100 specialty and emergency hospitals across North America driven by the spirit of collaboration and focused on empowering the advancement of veterinary medicine at the local hospital level. NVA Compassion-First is the trusted partner of hospital teams who are looking for more—more resources to advance their medicine, a greater sense of belonging, and increased opportunities to care for their patients, clients and people. Learn more at NVACompassionFirst.com. #NVA-CF